Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I recently purchased an XD9 tactical and i`ve put about 500 rds. of WWB through her in the last couple of weeks to get her broke in a little. I intend to use this as my house gun and have been searching for a good JHP load for this purpose. After reading numerous tests and opinions on different defense loads i believe i`ll try the 124gr fed HST. I just can`t decide if i should get the standard pressure or the +P. Since this pistol has a 5" barrel would there be any advantage in using the higher pressure load? Any guidance on this matter will be greatly appreciated,Thanks.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
It doesn't matter. Not much else to say on the topic...pick a good JHP (HST is my personal carry round), and have at it. One could argue all day long about which is best on paper, but at the end of the day one will come out the winner.

All things considered, I'd rather have the +P in 124. I use either 124+P or 147, depending on my mood.

Again...it doesn't really matter...

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Again...it doesn't really matter...
Agreed!

And I'll add that the more important thing is that you purchase several boxes of your proposed carry ammo and practice, practice, and then practice some more. You want completely reliability (feed and extraction) and you need to be comfortable with how it shoots.

Site picture and trigger control is 10 times more important than worrying about +p or standard loading. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts