Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new HS45 today. I have been lurking in this form for quite some time. Lurking partly to try to convince myself that this is going to be my next gun....so here it is, convincing didn't take too long. Since this is primarily an XD45 thread I'll show the details of the HS as it differs from the XD although we all know it's the same gun. Out of the box, just wiped off globs of oil before taking these photos:

right side

Magazine with SA markings

HS

Grip markings

Slide markings

With ARMSCOR ammo.

hope I can test how she shoots soon. Just noticed how heavy it is pull the slide back...The HS pistols sold here in the Philippines don't come with a holster, mag pouch, etc. It only comes with a cleaning rod, two magazines, and a plastic bottle of oil. Guess, i'll just have to get the holster separately.

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Nice!! Thanks for posting and welcome!!

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Very cool...I was unable to notice any visual differences.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Very cool...I was unable to notice any visual differences.
Except the XD doesn't say "Read instructions before use" on the right side! :rolleyes:

And you're not missing anything without getting the holster; no one I know actually uses it. I've only used mine for IDPA matches, and then only out of necessity (I have other holsters I could've used, but I forgot to bring them).

Cheers! M2

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Sure enough...missed that, good catch. Too funny.:wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So how does the price compare to it's XD brother?
I'm not sure about the XD's price since it's not yet available here. The HS pistols are about $820...During a recent a gun show prices were down to something like $780.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I'm not sure about the XD's price since it's not yet available here. The HS pistols are about $820...During a recent a gun show prices were down to something like $780.
Are those US dollar prices? If so that is high. An XD .45 runs about 550. +/- 50 depending.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Holy crap Batman! I hope that isn't in US $, since I've got on order a .45 Tactical for $550, and just picked up the same with the thumb safety as a gift for my father.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
..figures are in the green American buck.

In the US Springfield Armory brings in these pistols and distributes them to various gun stores, I presume.

Here, there is a sole importer, one of the bigger gun stores..and has monopolized the sale of HS thus the higher prices. Too bad for us :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
However, everything is relative...what are you paying in comparison for rent, food, clothing...etc etc. My brother is headed back to the PI for a three week vacation and his family lives like Kings compared to vacationing in the CONUS.

·
Registered
192 Posts
hello kabayan,
i too have an hs but its only hs40 tactical.but mine doesn't have that springfield logo on the slide i,m from binan, laguna. hope you enjoy your unit as i do, ingat lagi:D

·
Registered
285 Posts
Except the XD doesn't say "Read instructions before use" on the right side! :rolleyes:

And you're not missing anything without getting the holster; no one I know actually uses it. I've only used mine for IDPA matches, and then only out of necessity (I have other holsters I could've used, but I forgot to bring them).

Cheers! M2
Lol...I attached the XD holster to the side of my jeeps center console.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts