Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Has anyone had the reduced trigger travel kit installed to their firearm? If you have:-

1) How much does it reduce the trigger travel
2) Did you install it or did SA
3) Do you have any photos of the install?

I look forward to your replies

Paul Britton
PBA Imports
Sydney Australia

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I dont know of any do-it-yourself kits but removing overtravel is as easy as drilling a hole in your trigger bar, tapping it and putting in a set screw. Here is a picture of the one I installed on my .40 Tactical. I also installed one on my wifes 9mm Service.

If you decide to do this, be sure to put a drop of Lok-Tite on the screw once you have it set where you want it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey itchy,

could you post a few more details on how you did that...please?

slygunner

ps - I would have asked through an email but I think a few people may be interested in this.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
First off, what you do to your gun is your buisness, I will hold no liability for any modifications that you do. This is for informational purposes only. :wink:

Be sure that when you drill the hole, that you keep it horizontal to the top of the trigger bar, the area that engages the spring is at an angle. Note the red lines that depict this. I uses a meal block in my vise set to this angle and clamped the trigger bar to the block.

You have to keep the hole VERY close to the inner edge of the bar for spring clearance. I used a 4-40 set screw 1/4" long. Be sure to keep it short enough or the magazine will contact the screw when inserted.

Here you can see what I meant by clearance for the trigger return spring. If done inproperly, the spring will not be able to rest naturaly in the correct place on the trigger bar.

Another view of the spring and bar assembly. Notice that I drilled the hole at a slight angle to insure proper spacing for the spring. I do not have any pictures of the process being done, sorry.

Reactions: .40SWXDM2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ichy_trigger thanks for the informative reply. Will get this a go and let you know the outcome, thanks again from down under...

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Ichy. Nice pics.

Paul. Welcome to the forum. I believe member Mulder and one other member are from Oz.

Happy shooting. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
R Dub said:
Ichy. Nice pics.

Paul. Welcome to the forum. I believe member Mulder and one other member are from Oz.

Happy shooting. :)
Yep, Paul is the importer of HS2000 in Australia and obviously the guy I bought mine from.
I dont know who the other Ozzie member is.
Mulder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts