Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
(First post). Is the HS2000 used by the military of any country? I had been told the Croatian army used them would that be true or do they use the older model.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Croatian Army and Police use HS2000. Some American Police use the XD. I have heard that some Swiss Military use them but I cant be sure about it.
Welcome to the forum. That makes 3 Australians.
mulder

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
mulder said:
The Croatian Army and Police use HS2000. Some American Police use the XD. I have heard that some Swiss Military use them but I cant be sure about it.
Welcome to the forum. That makes 3 Australians.
mulder
Croatian Police use Glocks...I have a Chief of Police friend there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The FBI also uses XD as of 09/25/2005.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Croatian Police Special Forces use HS 2000 and there is some in other department. Croatian Military have only HS 2000 but there is not lot of pistols of any producer in Military. Elite units like Military Police use only HS 2000 Gen. 1. in Afganistan. They said that this is only pistols that work there.

According to my informations, Glock in Croatian police was imported before HS 2000 was produced, and since then only pistols which is buyed in Croatia is HS 2000. Problem is that Military and Police do not have money to buy more pistols. On TV and newspaper it was announced that in next 5 years all pistols in police will be replaced by HS 2000.

I do not know for other countrys but in Croatia situation is like a describe.
This information is reliable. :)

I do not know Police Chiefs in Croatia, but I have relatives and friends in Police and Military.
8)

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
Hello stilberg!...It's nice to hear from you again.
I got my information from Davor Vizinger who is Chief of Police on Island of Krk. This was about two years ago, so things may have changed.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Good to hear from you stilberg and thanx
for the report and update.

Any spare parts that you have for the HS2K
would make any of us happy if they were a
Christmas present. 8)

Come back more often as some of the newer
guys probably have a ton of questions to ask.

Ed

·
Registered
401 Posts
Thanks Frency and crew for the updates on who uses what. I was close to the mark anyway. I cant be totally correct all the time.
mulder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts