Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, first of all just a brief hello to you all, I'm 3D, I'm from Croatia and I fell in love with the HS2000 when I first got a chance to use it whilst in the army.

Now to the point of this thread... I heard on the (Croatian) news recently that IM Metal has been awarded a huge contract to supply HS2000 to FBI as their new official gun... However I've been searching the web for a few days now but haven't been able to find a single word about it so I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about it?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
3D said:
Okay, first of all just a brief hello to you all, I'm 3D, I'm from Croatia and I fell in love with the HS2000 when I first got a chance to use it whilst in the army.

Now to the point of this thread... I heard on the (Croatian) news recently that IM Metal has been awarded a huge contract to supply HS2000 to FBI as their new official gun... However I've been searching the web for a few days now but haven't been able to find a single word about it so I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about it?
I haven't heard anything about that here in the U.S., but that doesn't mean much. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Haven't heard anything about it. Maybe you could call the factory and ask them about it.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
I would say that Springfield Armory would be involved
in such a contract because they have the exclusive import
rights to the HS2K/SAXD, into the US of A which includes
firearms and PARTS.

The FBI, as great as they are, does not have direct
import rights.

Welcome 3D, have you been to the new Hooters yet?

Ed

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcomes, all.

R Dub

That's a pretty good idea... I haven't thought about that, I might just do it...

Ed Ely

Hey I didn't even know they opened up a franchise in Croatia. Unfortunately it's in Zagreb which is pretty far away from where I am now. I might check it out if I find myself in the vicinity. :wink:

Yeah, I checked out the SA site... That's what got me worried in the first place... One would imagine they would mention a thing like that on their site... Maybe they just haven't gotten round to it...

masterofg3

Well, it's exactly the opposite of an internet rumor since I've heard it on the news and haven't heard anything about it on the internet...

·
Registered
166 Posts
Springfield won the contract when the FBI went looking for a 1911 model for their HRT unit. It's known as the Springfield 1911-A1 TRP-Pro model (yours for low, low price of only $2400).

All other agents are still issued the Glock 40 S&W.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
thats AWESOME even the new guy is "busting" on our "resident troll" Welcome to the forum 3D!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: ahhh ha ha ha haaaa <points and laughs> :lol: :lol: :lol:

alright im just playing masterofG3 :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MPSoldier

I thought agents carried SIGs? Huh... *shrugs*

XD Backup Gun

Netiher do I. :( But my uncle still has one of the first HSs produced, and it still works without a hitch. Granted, he doesn't shoot it too often, but when he does I tag along... Great fun :D
;)

R/T Performance

Hehe, sorry, but no. I believe you have to be licensed gun seller or gunsmith to be able to do that...

Anyways this is sorta starting to bug me, because I heard it on the national TV (they have no reason to lie about this), and I'm pretty sure I heard it right...

Oh, and I heaven't tried calling the factory yet...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Its may be that the FBI has contracted for guns to be used by agents out side of the US.
that way the would not have to do any paper work or mess with the state dept. about sending arms out of this country. just a thought .
rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While surfing I also found out that IM Metal and SA are cooperating in making a brand new assault rifle for the US market. IM Metal is already developing a prototype which will be developed and marketed by SA (If anyone cares, here's a link in Croatian) The article also claims that some US SF members are using HSs and SDs in Iraq and Afghanistan.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jb241970

Hahaha, no. Do you know Arnold "The Gubernator" Schwartzenegger? See my drift?

R/T Performance

I could... but the jist of it is this: HS/XD is one of the two best selling guns on the US market, it's beeing used in the field by the SF, that having sold more than 50k units it's one of the best selling hanguns in the world (it says it sells better than Berreta, HK and Walther), then it goes on about how the gun was created, the deal with Intrac and the subsequent dropping thereoff, the deal with SA and the expensive marketing, then it gives the hint about the assault rifle from an interview with the manager of the factory and thats pretty much it.

·
Registered
595 Posts
UH 3-Dude.....

We the people of the XD Confederacy of the Springfield States of America.....
Don't read Croat.

Ya'll do make one heck-of-a pistol though.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Since I never plan on going to Republika Hrvatska, I've never taken any time to even learn basic phrases in croatian. I've got a buddy who know's a little Bosnian as he served some time in Southeastern Europe. Not to mention the outrageous number of Bosnian refugees that located in the Midwest. It'd probably be somewhat wise for me to pick up some of the Bosnian language.

Back on the subject, I'd be very excited to see what they come up with for an Assault rifle. Wouldn't see service in the US for a very long time if ever since we're getting XM-8's "in the US Army's arsenal as soon as 4th quarter of FY05". Q4 FY05? That's now!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts