Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my overseas customers sent me a pic of his HS2000 with some items I sent him. He is a bodyguard type for VIPs and I have to tell you I wish I could have the same setup. This is a ported HS2000 with some extras I though some folks would enjoy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
No disrespect intended to anyone, I am speaking from personal preference only, and nothing more....

I dont like it, Its a pistol, you dont need all the extras it has. Id take the pistol, get me a nice shoulder rig, 2 extra mags, 1 in the gun and Id take that to a gunfight.. not what is pictured above. I could imagine, firing from cover this would be a bitch to move with.

Again, Im not bashing anyone, just giving my personal opinion

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow that's an interesting setup there. I like it though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Yesireebob, I enjoy that greatly! :D

I saw a shoulder sling like that on the History Channel. Gangsters would hang a sawed-off rifle or shotgun from their shoulder, under a jacket with a strap like that so it could be brought up quickly. Looks like the same principle on this pistol.

What kind of grips are those? They look interesting.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have to agree with pd40. That looks ridiculous. As for functionality, if what you need is a submachine gun then why not use one?

Well the tactical rail magazine holder is kind of a cool idea.

·
Registered
146 Posts
willbond said:
Yesireebob, I enjoy that greatly! :D

I saw a shoulder sling like that on the History Channel. Gangsters would hang a sawed-off rifle or shotgun from their shoulder, under a jacket with a strap like that so it could be brought up quickly. Looks like the same principle on this pistol.

What kind of grips are those? They look interesting.
Well it's not my hogue grip, I'd assume it's the pachymar or whatever grip.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Man dont complain just look at the different setup and enjoy. Its not for every one but with the stock the xd is more accurate at longer ranges. This is another option for those overseas, the more options the less someone can say there are no aftermarket accessories for the xd and hs2000. Try looking for ruger, tuarus, sw ****. The xd, 1911 and glock have more stuff made for it than most other pistols out there.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Interesting set up. I am not sure how practical it is, unless that HS/XD he has is a full auto version. I once saw a video of a CZ-75 full auto, I am sure it could use a stock like that. Nice work BTW, Ajames.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
manygunner its not mywork but the customers.....note to the ATF if your watching I did not put this together :) But I did figured some of you would want to see something interesting.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
They make a "carbine" kit for the Steyr's too. Doesnt float my boat, but cool nonetheless.

Dont hate everyone

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
manygunner its not mywork but the customers.....note to the ATF if your watching I did not put this together :) But I did figured some of you would want to see something interesting.
Sorry, my mistake. I just know you work on XDs and thought you may have license to do this sort of work. There are a few licensed smiths in my area who do special jobs for LEO, SpecOps and federal agencies, thought you may be one in your part of the country. You should see some of the toys they play with at the range. :D One is even nice enough to let you try some of his NFA toys (under close supervision) if you are a good little boy.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Cool rig. Thanks for posting it James.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Under a jacket, in a bodyguard situation requiring concealment I think that rig would be plenty "useful". It could be produced very quickly, and with the shoulder stock and foregrip it would be more effective than the pistol alone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
thanks for the neet looking set up.
after owning several stocked broomhandles,lugars, High powers, and others over the years . i think this rig would be hard to use from the shoulder. the stock attaches at athe botton of the grip and is stright from there. your hand would be above your shoulder when you grip the pistol.
i believe it would be very hard to grip the grip safty from this position much less line your eyes up with the sights. the mag change would also require you to remove the mag from the light rail and try not to get tangled in the lanyard.
just my .02
rick

1 - 20 of 20 Posts