Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
YES. I have a hs2000 and I buy xd9 16 rd magazines.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Pretty much as the title states, are HS2000 magazines compatible with XD ones? And did they make 16 round HS mags before 2000?
You guys should know what i'm getting at.
tired of 10 round reloads at the range.
Sorry, but in San Diego you can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. That goes for all of California. Was that where you were getting at?

·
Registered
635 Posts
no officer, I bought the magazines just in case a variant was released in the US in the next 6-7 years.....

That's a tough sell.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IIRC you can have mags more than 10 rounds in CA if you had them before the ban.
There's was a big thread on this not too long ago.
Many range shooters sport standard cap magazines (16) and have no issue with them - I don't plan to load them in a HD gun, just for the range.
I'm fairly sure they won't get you on just the magazines, you'd have to do something else to get in hot water with LE's.

There's no law on buying, receiving or owning, so I should be in the clear if anything did arise.

As long as there are no manufacturer date codes on the mag, then no matter what, you are safe, as long as they dont catch you bringing it over state lines.

I have lots of hi-capacity mags and I live in CA. Hell, I even have some that say "For Military/Law Enforcement use only" BUT... They are still legal since I acquired them before 2000.

You can also technically acquire PARTS KITS to rebuild old mags. SO, if you have an HS2K and need to rebuild the mags, you could technically use XD Hi-Cap parts kits to rebuild your legal hi-cap mag without manfucturing a new high cap mag.
Anyway, tiger answered my question, thank you good sir

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes an hs2000 mag can be use on xd. actually i even used my remaining hs2000 16rds mags on my hs40 tactical. unlike the hs40 mags that holds 12rds of ammo, i can only stuff at least 10-11 rds in a hs2000 mag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts