Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for a "grip plug" for the HS-2000? There are various available for the Glocks but I've never seen one advertised or even mentioned for the SA.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, Thanks! I did check out pistol-gear.com and they have them, in combination with a mag-well. I will e-mail them to see if I can get them to sell just the plug. If not, I'll buy the combo.
As an Ohio CHL holder we have some really dumb provisions for CCW. One is that, when IN a motor vehicle, your weapon must be "in plain sight" to anyone (expected to be a police officer who stopped you) who looks in your car at you. That's bad enough but Ohio interprets the law as when you are ON a motorcycle, you are considered IN a motor vehicle. Therefore, I wear 2 holsters when riding: a crossdraw belt holster under my jacket and a tactical leg holster for riding.
Scenario: I'm going to the local shopping mall. I put on the 2 holsters at home and put the gun in the belt holster. I walk out to the MC and take the gun out of the belt holster and put it in the tactical leg holster for all the world to see. I ride to the shopping mall and park. I get off the MC and take the gun out of the tactical holster and put it into the concealed belt holster (and unclip the tactical and stash it on the bike) and go on into the stores (this gets some stares and, I expect, a call to police one day). After shopping, reverse the process. Welcome to the great State of Ohio!
I'm wanting the grip plug mentioned above because I ride rain or shine and the gun, out in the rain and road grime, gets crap in the grip opening.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
That hole goes nowhere. No need to "plug" it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, Don I know, but, as I said above it gets water and road crap in it when riding in the rain and then when I put it in my belt holster, it "drools" out onto my pants.
I was considering "Bondo" but didn't want to make it permanent.
And, it just looks "unfinished" with that hole there.... :wink:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
That little hole actually does go somewhere on the sub-compact and if you stick an object far enough in it will prevent you from depressing the grip safety.

It'd probably have to be pretty much intentional.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Tengus right, the day I got my subcompact I took it to the range and put some mud in the hole and got the xd to jam. I did a detailed post but of course it is lost forever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts