Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

I am new to the XD and have decided that I want one for my first CCW. I have run across a couple of HS 2000s and was wondering if there is any difference between them and the XD? I understand that HS of America imported them and then Springfield took over. When Springfield got in the mix, did anything change or did Springfield just put their name on the same pistol? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

MW

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
NewtoXD said:
Howdy folks,

I am new to the XD and have decided that I want one for my first CCW. I have run across a couple of HS 2000s and was wondering if there is any difference between them and the XD? I understand that HS of America imported them and then Springfield took over. When Springfield got in the mix, did anything change or did Springfield just put their name on the same pistol? Thanks in advance for all of your help.

MW
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE!

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
NewtoXD said:
I have attempted to with no luck. Can you provide any search terms? Thanks agian.
the FAQ section actually

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum and XD. I agree with you that the search function will not always give you the answers you need. If you poke around a bit, you will usually find what you are looking for. If you need help, post away. Everyone here, even the ones that won't admit it, are good guys and will always help a fellow XDer in need.

Old School

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First, thanks to all for their help. I frequent the CMP and Jouster forums regularly and I have to say that it seems all gun people are equally nice and helpful no matter what firearm is being discussed.

I have found the old HS 2K in the 4" and 9mm at a gun shop for $300. It is used but in good condition. From pics that I have come across, the only cosmetic differences that I can see are some grip detailing in the XD and the front cocking serations on the XD slide...also there is not access. rail on the HS. Other than these differences, it is the same as you all say.

My question is this: would y'all buy the HS for this price or go ahead and get the XD for at least a $100 bucks more?

Thanks again for all info provided.

MW

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Depending on how early the HS is, it might be a good pick-up for collector value. Personally, I would opt for the new XD so you can get that accessory rail. You might also consider the .40 caliber.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I just picked up a gen 2 hs2000 this weekend at the gunshow. This baby has mayby 50 rounds though it. You can tell by the amount of wear on the barrel hood and at the end. I really dont know if I want to shoot it or not since there is vary little wear and it is super clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts