Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright so I just took a little break from work to go fire off another 200 rounds at the range. now I have to work late... oh well.

So I used "Official 25 YD. Slow Fire Pistol Target" that the range has.

out of 40 rounds:

5 ring - 3 shots
6 ring - 1 shot
8 ring - 8 shots
9 and 10 rings - 28 shots.

this is at 20 feet. God knows what happened to the ones that ended up in the 5 and 6 rings. I'm guessing I flinched. This was my last two mags (I have only been putting 10 in each mag).

Or for those that don't know what this target is:

9 1/2" 40 shots
5" 37 shots
4" 36 shots

I'm pretty happy with my results. Consider I'm still getting the hang of handguns in general. I felt a lot more in control today. I'm going to try and go again this weekend I think.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
That's certainly good enough to git 'er done. :D
The more you shoot the better it gets too (except for a few days that it gets worse :x )! :lol:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Not too bad if you are just starting out. At that range you should soon be able to narrow that down to all in 1 1/2" to 2" diameter circle at a fairly decent rate of fire, say 1 round/second. No flyers further then 3" out from center and only 1 or 2 of those. After you can do that consistently move the target out to 30 feet and start again until you can do it consitently at that range. But you are doing pretty good. Keep at it. All it needs is time and ammo.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah... I need to start scrounging brass for releading. I did the math last night and I burned about 30 bucks in ammo. And I plan on going with my dad tomorrow. Can't afford that habbit!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
beardman2 said:
yeah... I need to start scrounging brass for releading. I did the math last night and I burned about 30 bucks in ammo. And I plan on going with my dad tomorrow. Can't afford that habbit!
Yeah, it is worse then most drugs and harder to quit. :D I go through $300-500 worth of ammo/month depending on schedule. I really need to start reloading.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
went today and went through roughly another 150 rounds. Did about the same except at an outdoor range at 10 yeards. The folks there gave us a lot of pointers etc. I'm really happy with the results. Can't wait to go again and see if a retained anything let alone improve on it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts