Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day,

Bought my XD .40 as a direct result of this forum, have not been able to shoot much, I live in N. Texas on 90 acres, but the storm caused numerous family from MS to come up, plus I am on my 2 weeks of active duty in Virginia...gah...

Love the gun, have heard of nothing but "glock, glock, glock" for the longest, went to the gunshop, picked up the glock...felt okay.."whats the big deal?", saw the XD, asked to look at it and it just fit like a glove.

Have less than 100 rounds through it, (stop that laughing!!!) but am looking forward to getting my new Don Guide and spring (again as a result of this forum).

Great gun, look forward to many years of service from her.

Gunslinger

·
Registered
56 Posts
welcome to the forum! there are sooo many knowlegable guys here.. and some that are always good for some laughs.. ENJOY

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey, new XD40 owner here as well. I'm in Plano which is technically North Texas I s'pose :)

90 aces, must be nice. Here we have to confine shooting to the indoor range! Wonder if there are any XD type groups like in Houston...!

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome the fun house.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
R Dub said:
Welcome the fun house.
Fun house... nut house... same difference. :D

HOWDY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks you all,
I live about 3 miles south of the red river, 30 miles outside of Wichita Falls. I must say, it is nice having a range 20 yards from the house.

I have a "tank" (some call it a pond) of about an acre of water, at one point it is almost exactly 100 yds across, also have a 25 yd pistol lane with some old 12" steel I beams for a bullet trap and a clay thrower at waters edge, ahh... life is good, he he he.. Sure I have to drive 10 miles for a gallon of milk, but who cares!!!

I have my C&R, have a few collectables, nothing of value, but a hell of a lot of fun to shoot. K98 mauser, SKS, couple of shotguns, a 1911, taurus PT92, AK47 (with genuine Iraqi funiture), Llama SC .45 (that is a hoot to shoot!!), M-1600, AR-15, etc....

Bought my 5 yr old daughter a Cricket .22, did you know you can order a laminated stock in pink? She just loves it, matches her Barbie stuff, bwahahhaa..

Look forward to sharing my experiences and picking your brains for ideas.

Regards, Gunslinger

·
Registered
885 Posts
gunslingerblue said:
Bought my 5 yr old daughter a Cricket .22, did you know you can order a laminated stock in pink? She just loves it, matches her Barbie stuff, bwahahhaa..
Our boys have a Crickett too. It's a great little rifle. We got the boys the stainless bbl/synthetic stock version. I recently ordered a scope base from them. Try this...

[email protected]

That should get you to customer service e-mail.

If not, try...
http://www.crickett.com/TheStore/SpareParts/spareparts.html

They are very nice folks.

·
Registered
725 Posts
pdjplano said:
90 aces, must be nice. Here we have to confine shooting to the indoor range! Wonder if there are any XD type groups like in Houston...!
i shoot in my basement.. fragment rounds and a couple old matresses and your good to go... old ones are preferred i use the stains as targets

dont sue im joking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HAHAH! I read that about the basement and immeadialty freaked! The lead, THE LEAD!! then saw the "J/K", hahah good one...

now where did I put my DITY lobotomy kit????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts