Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's my bday today and I wanted to go shoot my marlin 39a I had just got fixed. When out comes my gf with a stainless on wood Howa 1500 in .308. It came with a scope on it already. It's a great looking gun and she defiantly surprised me. You guys no anything useful about this gun? I haven't had a chance to do much research on it. All I know is that the darn things scope has more doodads then I know what to do with I'll have to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
it's a great gun, I would have gotten one but my Savage cost lest. Howa makes the Vanguard for Weatherby. They are a solid gun, a little heavy for my liking but good guns. You'll enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
I have one in 7mm Rem Mag. It has turned out to be a very nice firearm.

I am very impressed with Howa in terms of value for the $$$.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I really like the howas. I was gonna get one for a predator gun a while back in .223, but when I discovered the remmy 700 vtr I couldn't resist. If I could do it all over again I think I would get the Howa. The value is really good. And for the price you don't have to worry about it as much as a $700 Remington.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I'm planning on buying one in .308 (heavy varnint barrel) as soon as I get the money saved up to buy my whole set-up (no reason to buy a rifle with no scope, rings or base...i know i'll just stare at it, aching to shoot it even though i wouldnt be able to...;)). They have had really good reviews everywhere I've looked, except for one idiot at Gander Mtn who kept trying to talk me into a Remington, and even he never really had anything bad to say about them

(*gun counter guy* "but come on, its a Remington...it's way better..." :rolleyes:)

make sure to post some pictures, and maybe some targets once you get some range time. I'd love to see. Good luck and enjoy

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love mine. I got the ranch land package: .308, 20" barrel, houge synthetic stock, and nikko scope. Took it to the range this weekend shot 18 rounds kept them all with in the 9 ring at 50 yards (probably not very impressive, I don't shoot rifle to often but I sure felt good about it).

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I shot it once at a 1x1 foot target at about 70 yards and didn't end up hitting the paper. Guess I'll have to start from scratch Gettin it sighted in. Only shot it once because I didn't have anything to clean the barrel with and am also not sure what the break in consist of yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts