Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may seem like a pretty simplistic question, but I guess the question could be further whittled down to: what the indicator that will cause you to grab your BOB and G.O.O.D.?

Perhaps it's my mood tonight, perhaps it's watching a debate where nothing is debated and no questions are answered that's causing me to question these things for myself.

Just wondering what will trigger it for you?

·
Registered
608 Posts
When obama gets re-elected its time to g.o.o.d.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
In all seriousness, I guess if los angelos gets nuked or sunami'd, or giant multiple plumes of smoke on the lv strip I will head to my desert oasis as long as 40e and rt66 aren't clogged up.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Except a Republican controlled House prevents him from doing much.

I think when the power goes out across a large area and isn't coming back on EMP-style.

or

True financial collapse, 2,000% inflation, run on the banks, Dow at 3,000 points.

or

Massive virus outbreak, high mortality rate, millions dying worldwide.

·
Administrator
22,473 Posts
When your rights have been stripped and you are told how high you can jump and where!

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We are already in the pre-stages of SHTF
I won't argue with this. I think the light we see at the end of the proverbial tunnel is, indeed, a train.

But what's going to be THAT trigger that sends you into crisis mode?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After doing a lot of thinking on it, I think I've narrowed mine down.

Living in northern Wisconsin, a lot of the communities up here are tourist destinations. A lot of folks from Chicago and Milwaukee have properties up here that I'm sure they'll want to get to to get away from the SHTF in Chicago and Milwaukee. That gives me about a 4 hour window to get farther north than where they are most likely headed.

So, my trigger is when Chicago and/or Milwaukee start to fall (rioting, looting, etc), I start moving. That way I'm in place where I'm going before they get there. Also affords me an opportunity to do last minute preparations before they hit town.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Actually, it's going to be hitting the fan if he get's re-elected AND if he does NOT get re-elected. Expect economic collapse from continued idiotic fiscal policy if he is re-elected. Expect mass riots in all urban areas if he is NOT re-elected. The wall street protests are PAID FOR by the people that will be behind the riots. All the flash mobs that have been happening are just practice for the main event. I can envision martial law being imposed, gun confiscations etc etc as a result of the riots. I just wish I hadn't lost all my guns and ammo in that freak storm while crossing the lake....

After doing a lot of thinking on it, I think I've narrowed mine down.

Living in northern Wisconsin, a lot of the communities up here are tourist destinations. A lot of folks from Chicago and Milwaukee have properties up here that I'm sure they'll want to get to to get away from the SHTF in Chicago and Milwaukee. That gives me about a 4 hour window to get farther north than where they are most likely headed.

So, my trigger is when Chicago and/or Milwaukee start to fall (rioting, looting, etc), I start moving. That way I'm in place where I'm going before they get there. Also affords me an opportunity to do last minute preparations before they hit town.
I live in Eau Claire. You may be ok staying where you are. Sometimes it's better to have a crowd of like minded people around you. The people coming in probably won't be trouble makers. But they will be hungry and thirsty. Expect a lack of food stuffs -- plan for that now while there is time. You should also get a food plot area prepped for gardening. Dump lots of lime to sweeten the soil etc. Have a sled, ATV or even mountain bike available to get you to your secret hidaway if it gets really bad.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
I really wouldn't be surprised if this administration doesn't adapt a scorched earth policy when they are forced out of power. I fully expect union thugs & anarchist who are fully supported by Obama, to "literally" go on the attack.

I fully expect MASS rioting in some of the major cities after the 2012 elections. I wouldn't be surprised if the loons on the left do not burn and destroy major DC monuments; and attack anything or ANYONE who represents capitalism or success. This will definitely mean martial law in some major cities and states.

I think "some" of this "might" be avoided "IF" Obama steps down and supports the Clinton/Clyburn ticket. Unfortunately. I do believe we will see rioting and violence from the left regardless; because I do believe the dems will lose BIG in 2012!

Thankfully, we should have more sane leadership ready to step in. Fortunately, I think it will be over in a few months and we can truly begin a new & better era for our nation.

-

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I love prepping and expecting the worst as much as any one but I don't agree with the "Obama is the trigger" to massive riots and martial law comments.

I heard the same thing in 2008, his swearing in was supposed to bring 5 million people to DC and there was going to be chaos....except there wasn't. Then within months the Democratically controlled congress and White House was supposed to come door to door to take our guns and not so much as a magazine capacity ban was put in place.

I think we have to be careful how far we go in our doomsday predictions some times....of course if you are right be sure to wave, I'll be the guy with the red glowing SOCOM 16 barrel defending my house!

·
Registered
691 Posts
When our BlackBerry's stop working ....wait..... WHAT!! OH NOOOOO, the end is near! Good thing my BOL is under my desk :p

But in all seriousness, I don't think there is a specific trigger. Since it can come in so many ways and can be confined or widespread then it is up to everyone to keep informed and make that decision. If a big hurricane is coming my way, or even a tropical storm that stalls on us, that approach could be time to hunker down or get out of Dodge until it passes. For economic issues, watch what is happening and not what is being reported. Civil unrest can be localized or widespread, something else to watch for. And an invasion, coup, overthrow of the government, or tossing away of the constitution could be the trigger. It may not be as easy as we think to see something coming though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I will decide when the time comes to either hunker down or bug out.... I am prepared for either (or both)... Factors would be local (small town) flash mobs roaming the streets looting and such... On a national level, declaring Martial Law would do it for me...

I also agree that we are already in the early stages of the long brown hitting the spinning blades...

Outdoorsman1

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
My wife calls me crazy for having 1000 rounds for each weapon I own I call it being prepared! And we have a plan for multiple situations. She thinks it's ridiculus but last night when two thugs followed her up the drive and she turned and drew down on them they freaked and turned and ran. They wont mess with my wife again and she now understands why I carry everywhere(legally ) and all the time( except at work no guns on the ambulance). She asked me if she could use my crossbreed today to start carrying. I'm glad that I made her take her gun and for once she thanked me for preparing her.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I love prepping and expecting the worst as much as any one but I don't agree with the "Obama is the trigger" to massive riots and martial law comments.
I agree with this assessment. If the thinking as that the black population will riot if he gets defeated, I believe the ship has sailed on that. I think the black population isn't all that in love with Obama anymore, if they ever really were.

·
Registered
19,994 Posts
I really wouldn't be surprised if this administration doesn't adapt a scorched earth policy when they are forced out of power. I fully expect union thugs & anarchist who are fully supported by Obama, to "literally" go on the attack.

I fully expect MASS rioting in some of the major cities after the 2012 elections. I wouldn't be surprised if the loons on the left do not burn and destroy major DC monuments; and attack anything or ANYONE who represents capitalism or success. This will definitely mean martial law in some major cities and states.

I think "some" of this "might" be avoided "IF" Obama steps down and supports the Clinton/Clyburn ticket. Unfortunately. I do believe we will see rioting and violence from the left regardless; because I do believe the dems will lose BIG in 2012!

Thankfully, we should have more sane leadership ready to step in. Fortunately, I think it will be over in a few months and we can truly begin a new & better era for our nation.

-
I mentioned something like this in the past. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if an BHO loss in Nov. 2012 triggers the famed 2012 date for TEOTWAWKI. He will still be in power and just have been told by the Supreme Court that his last minutes end-runs wont cut it in December.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts