Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my CCW permit to go through, and in the meantime im wondering how im ever gonna conceal my weapon in the event i will ever carry it. The problem is i'm 6'2", 165 lbs! tall and skinny (as you can see in my avatar). I haven't purchased a holster yet but when im wearing my average clothes (which are usually a T-shirt and jeans) i get a major profile when my XD-40 is tucked into my waistband in various positions. I'm thinking the only way ill be able to carry is if i buy a whole new wardrobe and /or get a subcompact, both which i cant afford. Or just not carry at all. What do you folks suggest a skinny guy like me should do?

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
i carry an xd 40 service, i'm about 5'10 kinda skinny too, i use an uncle mike's side kick in the cross draw position, i throw on a white tee and another on top, i covers pretty well, then again im abnout 170

·
Registered
4,183 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I use the Unlce Mikes Side kick also for now. im 5'11" and weigh 135lbs!! talk about skinny lol i was wondering the same thing while waiting for my CWP, i picked up the unlce mikes cause i dont care for that huge plastic thing SA gives you and i wanted to carry in my truck. well i tried i on, i put it on the left side of the small of my back and i an conceal it perfect with a button up shirt or a larger T shirt. im currently looking for a a diffrent holster because i dont think i could get it out fast enough if i was carrying and something happend.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
5"11", 240, (sucking helium), not a problem to conceal for me. You guys just need to faten up some! :p

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Theres a thread in here somewhere where someone shortened the grip of their service XD to the length of their SCXD. All he used was a dremel tool and some sandpaper. I must say it looked pretty darn sharp. If I had thought to do that I might not have gotten my XDSC. Theres someone around who does it professionally cause in my opinion, you must have a big set of nuts to do that to your $450 gun.
EDIT: I found the link
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?p=177452&highlight=#177452

·
Registered
190 Posts
tec said:
5"11", 240, (sucking helium), not a problem to conceal for me. You guys just need to faten up some! :p
LMBO! Tec..I'm with ya brother...just cinch up the belt to pull the gun in tight and viola....it just kinda disappears....I can damn near play twister without my SC printing under just a T-shirt :evil:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I didn't know I had a twin :shock:
6'3" 165#
I use the comp-tac ctac.T-shirt jeans shorts and tank top. right behind the right hip.Doesn't tighten the pants much their and hides service or compact little to no print near where I hang the cell no one notices :D
www.comp-tac.com

·
Registered
61 Posts
lstramer, I have to say, I laughed hard when I read the bottom of your signature.

very funny !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not really not looking into holsters yet, my CHL has been in the review process for about 3-4 weeks and I'm still not sure what pistol I want to purchase for carry.

Might be: (Don't want to drop below 9mm)
- XD .40 SC
- Bersa .40
- Bersa Bersa 45 Ultra Compact
- Kahr PM9 Micro-Compact
- Kahr MK40
- Kel-Tec P-11
- Kel-Tec P40

(Will have to save a little longer for the Kahr)

Nick

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1 For the CTAC. I have had the holster for almost a week now and absolutely love it. I have tried numerous inside the pants holsters that ride at the 3 o'clock position, but the handle of my service would print. The CTAC is very confortable and you can wear it with a shirt untucked or tucked in. You gotta love that. Great holster.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The Milt Sparks Versa Max II is the best holster I have used. They are not cheap, but your money is not wasted. It hides better and holds the pistol secure and doesn't shift. And, get a good belt, one that is intended to carry a pistol.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
defender96 said:
Tucker Gun Leather- best holsters in the business. I have a Texas Heritage for my SC but a lot of people like the "Answer".
Another vote for the Answer. I'm 6'1", 170 lbs (similar to you), but I've got an SC. Tucker's stuff is pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going to conceal my XD service with a Desantis Pro Stealth IWB holster for now. It's getting towards cold time around here in NH so it's time to break out the sweatshirts anyway. Once the warm weather comes around, I'll pick up something a little easier to conceal under a t-shirt, but for now, it's the Pro Stealth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the advice everyone. Now i just have to check out some of your recommended products :)

I wasn't planning on carrying on a daily basis. But now im wondering if i should as my civic duty. I figured i would just carry when im out walking at night, or camping, etc. But i dont like doing things half-assed. What if i get in a bad situation and wish i had my XD at my side? What if i could save someone's life? Or, what if i made a wrong decision at a critical moment and put someone in danger? These are the things i've been thinking about.

I live in a relatively safe city, yet i had a gun pulled on me in 2003 by some crazy guy. I'm not going to get into details, but ever since then i have been considering a concealed permit. I just want to be sure i have enough training and experience before i start carrying all the time so i know how to react in various situations like the one i was in.

P.S i love the T-bar holster

1 - 20 of 29 Posts