Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well does an XD-9 service conceal? I'm looking to conceal under t-shirts with jeans. Anybody got any experience or pictures?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
no pics but i conceal the xd9 sevice. if its not coat or jacket weather you want to use a IWB holster imo an OWH sticks out too far for a t shirt it prints bad. if you use an iwb holster get you pants 1 size too large for comfort and make sure your t shirt is a little larger than what you would normally wear,should be fine i wear mine with t-shirts and polos all a size larger than what i wld normally wear. good luck and just try it out at home and keep in mind it'll print no matter what in a t shirt if you are bending sideways or bending down certain ways. its not too bad just keep in mind how your moving around while your out and about and you shouldnt have much trouble. and im 5'8 165lbs

·
Registered
208 Posts
Don Hume IWB holster H715M NO.XD-C. $30.00 or less. Its made for the SUB-COMPACT but I also use it for my XDm-40. I traded my XD Service model for the XDm, and the service model fit as well. The barrel sticks out past the opening a little.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm waiting on my CHL permit to come in, but I've been wearing mine in a Supertuck around the house. It conceals fine standing up, but I have a problem with the grip sticking out when I sit down. I've got a sub-compact on order to carry when my permit comes in.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Not very well in my opinion. Sure, you can dress around it and make it work, but it isn't necessarily easy with just a t-shirt and jeans. It can be easy to conceal with a button-up or a jacket.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
We have sold a very large # of IWB holsters.The only time there is a problem with our customers is when they are very skinny.Simply put not everyone is built to use an IWB holster,and may have to try another avenue,We cant change the world or make everyone happy but we do try.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm a big guy, not tall but kind of big around the middle. Anyway, I tried a Blackhawk IWB with my XD-9 Service last week, just around the house. It was really uncomfortable. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I took it back and bought a Fobus paddle OWB holster instead. Much more comfortable but will have to wear the right clothes when I carry my XD (as opposed to the carry gun I'm planning to buy very soon).

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 5'8" 165lbs. I carry my xd9 service in a supertuck all the time. I think it conceals very nicely, especially after finding the cant setup that fits it to my body. I can definitely conceal with just a tshirt and jeans, the shirt doesn't even have to be that baggy. Of course it will print sometimes like when bending over, but its not all that noticable. I will try to dig up my camera and post some pics.

As I said before I carry this gun all the time and none of my friends, even my fiancee have ever called me out. I think the key is a good holster that fits it nicely against the body.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool, thanks for all the replies, I'm heading to the gun show this weekend to see what kind of IWB holsters I can find, if not I've settled on a crossbreed.

I'd love to see some pics if anybody has them

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've got experience with the XD40 service, and it's the same size. Conceals fine IWB, as long as you have a decent holster and the T-shirt is fairly loose-fitting.
Ditto for me. I just got the XD40 SC and it conceals better due to the smaller grip.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm a big guy, not tall but kind of big around the middle. Anyway, I tried a Blackhawk IWB with my XD-9 Service last week, just around the house. It was really uncomfortable. Maybe I'd get used to it, but I took it back and bought a Fobus paddle OWB holster instead. Much more comfortable but will have to wear the right clothes when I carry my XD (as opposed to the carry gun I'm planning to buy very soon).
Hi Tim, your right IWB is something you have to get use too. When my wife and I received our CPL I purchased 2 Fobus Roto's one for my XD 40 and the other for a 642, I personally feel that they protrude to far away from the body, and twist on my belt, unless I tighten my belt till I cant breath. After using a good IWB, it's like carrying my wallet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts