Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That you built an AR. :p What have been some of your excuses for purchases you didn't need but ended up getting anyways.

·
Registered
8,708 Posts
I use hers...."it was on sale"..." I was going to need it anyway"...." there was only one left"....."I saved you money by buying it now"......" what about all the (insert item here) you bought last month?".......and my favorite..."because I wanted it".

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'm going to go with the "when the next scare happens I can double my money"

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I typically stash cash away until I have enough to get what I want. I then purchase said item, then take several hundred dollars off of what I actually spent, then tell my wife that price. I'm always getting really good deals on firearms! Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
with rare expections, say nothing or your ass is grass.

We inherited a car and I told my wife that I'm gonna take $600 of the sale money and buy a gun, the last one I need for cowboy action shooting. She said OK. So when I got it, a nice SS vaquero, I showed it to here and she was pissed off. WTF? She said ok!

The only gun she didn't have a kanipshion about was the M&P I bought her for christmas.

I never tell her I bought a gun, it only gets her upset and me in trouble!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
with rare expections, say nothing or your ass is grass.

We inherited a car and I told my wife that I'm gonna take $600 of the sale money and buy a gun, the last one I need for cowboy action shooting. She said OK. So when I got it, a nice SS vaquero, I showed it to here and she was pissed off. WTF? She said ok!

The only gun she didn't have a kanipshion about was the M&P I bought her for christmas.

I never tell her I bought a gun, it only gets her upset and me in trouble!
Mine would find out eventually. She knows EVERYTHING like some sort of prophet haha

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I don't justify it...as long as the bills are current and the fridge is stocked she doesn't say a word...I also sold off several pieces in '09 when the unemployment wave hit me; She decided that having them around wasn't so bad when the bank account was full again (and my safe was empty)

While all my co-workers are busy drinking their pay checks and literally flushing them down the toilet, my hobbies keep me home with my family and save me money in the long haul...

·
Registered
9,652 Posts
I just don't get married, lol.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Wave your hand and say "These aren't the droids you're looking for..."

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Wave your hand and say "These aren't the droids you're looking for..."
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons don't beat a good blaster at your side, kid"

·
Banned
0 Posts
I use the I won this in a raffle excuse a lot.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts

·
Registered
29,835 Posts
I guess I'm just glad that I'm in a marriage where we are both adults, and as long as I don't spend money marked for our expenses or savings, I can just be honest about my firearms and related purchases.

No sneaking required.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
I don't justify it...as long as the bills are current and the fridge is stocked she doesn't say a word...I also sold off several pieces in '09 when the unemployment wave hit me; She decided that having them around wasn't so bad when the bank account was full again (and my safe was empty)

While all my co-workers are busy drinking their pay checks and literally flushing them down the toilet, my hobbies keep me home with my family and save me money in the long haul...

+1000

Although with my latest AR, the "holy **** this is a sweet deal" worked well. She knew by my excitement it actually was a sweet deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If I have 6 months of funds saved for bills in our savings account the wife doesn't care as long as it is within reason. Although she wasn't to thrilled with my last ar project. But I was. ��

·
Registered
508 Posts
you all are chickens…I walk in the door and say listen here woman…here's what I'm gonna do and you ain't gonna say a stinkin' thing about it cause I make all the money.

------------

OK, REALLY we talk about it up front…she's usually pretty good about letting me buy my toys when I want them.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Surprisingly she took it well. No questions asked. I'll sleep with one eye open tonight. Haha

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts

1 - 20 of 36 Posts