Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my second amendment card today (finally), and I can hide my gun on myself just fine when standing, but sitting down the grip sticks out unless I stick my butt behind me on the chair which is really uncomfortable. I wear my gun IWB at 4:30.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Use correct posture rather than leaning forward. If your back is straight the gun should stay snug against your body. If not your belt might not be tight enough. Speaking of belts are you using a proper belt designed to carry the weight of the gun? With a good gun belt and a good holster it should be fairly easy to hide a gun at 4:30. That is where I wear my Alien Gear with my DeSantis gun belt and can easily hide either my XDsc or my XDs.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Are you carrying the gun straight up and down? That usually seems to be the problem, easily fixed with a forward cant. I noticed that according to your signature, you're carrying a double stack. Could your gun simply be too big? I've never been able to CC any double stack, either IWB or OWB.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I started off at 4:30, but had the same problem you have, eicca. I'm sitting at a desk right now with an XD9Sc in a N82 Pro holster at 3:00, with just as "normal" 1" adjustable web belt . I had to reach down and check to make sure it really was there, because it's become so normal I don't really notice.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I pocket carry a Ruger LCP a lot because it has made me very lazy. Slip in holster. Slip in pocket. End of story. If I ever accidentally wash a gun in the laundry it will be my LCP.

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've got a forward cant going, maybe my posture just sucks more than I think it does, but I feel like I have to puff out my chest in order to keep the grip from sticking out.

I'd like to think my gun isn't too big since I've managed to conceal it on me in the first place, which I thought would be a real trick since I'm so skinny.

·
Registered
9,663 Posts
I've got a forward cant going, maybe my posture just sucks more than I think it does, but I feel like I have to puff out my chest in order to keep the grip from sticking out.

I'd like to think my gun isn't too big since I've managed to conceal it on me in the first place, which I thought would be a real trick since I'm so skinny.
Even at 3:00 and the FBI forward cant, I do watch how I sit in public. I avoid barstools or chairs without backs, and my general paranoia means I'm sitting with my back to a wall anyway. I'm sure someone would notice my clip on my belt if they were really looking when I take my pullover jacket off, but I've not observed anyone noticing, and I've not had any freakout ladies come over to shame me yet.

·
Read Only
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried Viking's suggestion just for kicks and offset my holster all the way for maximum forward cant. Fixed it right up. Hides like a fat child stealing cookies.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I would also suggest, always choosing or requesting a booth. ;)

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Well... Ummm... I sit on my buttocks. But some are known for sitting on their hands. A lot of politicians these days are sitting on their brain pan. But, I still prefer buttocks.

Sorry. The good and valid advice has already been given and I just felt the need answer the question as it first came into my mind when I read the post title. :lol:

Excuse me... and, carry on...

·
Premium Member
7,075 Posts
I pocket carry a Ruger LCP a lot because it has made me very lazy. Slip in holster. Slip in pocket. End of story. If I ever accidentally wash a gun in the laundry it will be my LCP.
Me too... or my CM9. Front pocket carry.

You need a bigger butt or a smaller gun...
I would also suggest, always choosing or requesting a booth. ;)
Or this. LOL

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I carried an xd40 sub for a couple years. I didn't realize how fat that thing was until I got the G19. 4:30 all day with a Galco Triton with nary a problem. My belt is from RNRgunleather.com

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
I pocket carry a Ruger LCP a lot because it has made me very lazy. Slip in holster. Slip in pocket. End of story. If I ever accidentally wash a gun in the laundry again it will be my LCP.
FTFY! :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
I carried an xd40 sub for a couple years. I didn't realize how fat that thing was until I got the G19. 4:30 all day with a Galco Triton with nary a problem.
1.2" vs 1.18" = 0.02" in width made that much difference????

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,243 Posts
Only the info I have available, never having owned either. I was curious.

BTW, those are the grip dimensions according to company web sites.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I have tried running my G19 in my Alien Gear at 4:30 per Alien Gears recommendation and I had the same issue. I run mine closer to 4 o'clock, just behind my hip. That seems to work the best for me. Everybody is going to be a little different though.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I will say this my XDs is much easier to hide than my XDsc in my Alien Gear. So much so that my XDs is my IWB gun and my XDsc is my OWB gun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts