Springfield XD Forum banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a set of punches from harbor freight for like 12 bucks that has one that works great.

On a side note, I bought 300 3mmx16mm roll pins today. Not the ones Brownell sells but ones that are like stock.

I will test them tonight but if they hold up as well as stock I'll offer them here like someone was doing with the fastenal ones. I can get them all the ti.email from a local supplier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 300 (299) left of the direct replacement to the stock pins. These are the sloted roll pins not the spring roll pins.

While I would prefer the Spring roll pins I was able to get 300 of them for 20 versus 100 for 16.

The cheapest I have found them online is 4 for $1.00 on the springfield parts websites for these direct replacement slotted pins.

I have 285 left (im holding onto 14 more for my own stock and the number of XD(m) pistols that I have) left for anyone who wants a roll pin or two and doesn't want to pay a ton to get them there.

I have them for $0.10 or 10 for $1 vs 4 for $1 from Springer Precision
Springfield XD XDm Striker Retaining Pin

These should last 5000 rounds, I tend to replace them every 3rd time I remove them from the gun so 5k-10k or when they look like they need it.

If you want one or a handful PM me and I will give you my PO box and you can send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE) inside another envelope along with a dime for every roll pin you want and I will send them back. If you want 10 of them that is less than $2.

The cheapest to get the same from anywhere online (springer precision as posted above) is $7.57.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the offer thats a good price but im all set right now but I will contact you if I run out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
It would be easier to just replace the pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke down the slide and examined the pin. No damage to the pin or striker evident. What now, blame the magtech ammo for FTF every four rounds?

Meanwhile my glock goes bang every time no matter what I feed it. I'm really losing a lot of confidence in SA.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well my xd has been flawless for 3700 rnds so far. And my buddies glock has given him nothing but issues so lets not make this a glock vs SA thing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
More details about your issues and we might be able to offer advice. Have you sent it in or contacted SA

·
Registered
20 Posts
More details about your issues and we might be able to offer advice. Have you sent it in or contacted SA

See above post #185, where I link to a prior post that similar to what's occurring for me. His gun was in raw condition but it shows photos of the failure to feed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So your striker pin is sticking out stopping the round like the picture?

So I'll put a fresh mag in and rack the slide only to have the first round jump as shown in the picture in that thread. The gun has less than 1k rounds on the odeter. My guns are lubed and cleaned after every trip to range.

I didn't notice the striker pin protruding like that but it maybe I missed it. But how could it be if I've examined the roll pin and it's entact ?

The main similarity is that the round is being angled up and jams on the top of the chamber. Should my magazines be next culprit to look at? I think the failure has occurred with more than one and they are relatively new, so I assumed it wasn't be mag but maybe a few are failing me.

If has to be the mag or pin....what else could angle the rounds upwardle that? Weak recoil spring?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Recoil spring should still be in good shape at 1000 rnds mags could be the issue but seems strange that it would happen with multiple. Curious if the striker pin is whats hanging it up or not because that would send you looking into diffrent things then if its just angeling on its own.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You have to take the slide off of the Gun but you do not have to actually take it apart you can just take the old pin out and put the new pin in

·
Registered
133 Posts
For first time degreasing/cleaning from factory, how far do you recommend to break down and clean?

I want to clean the striker and striker channel, but don't really want to remove the firing pin safety and extractor.

Is that ok, or am I just half-assing this initial cleaning?

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was reluctant to disassemble my XDM 45 3.8 when i first purchased it.

There are several really excellent You Tube vids that take you through each step. I can do it without any problems now.

If you want to clean it without disassemble, you can do a fairly good job using a solvent that has a red spray straw. Blast it in the striker /firing pin hole and move the striker when spraying. It will flush out any debris.

If the striker is free to move and springs back to battery, it should be good.

BC

181 - 200 of 223 Posts