Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few parts on my AR that have the company name or logo filled in with white. Two of these are MI parts and one is an RRA part. I have no problem with a roll mark on the parts, but I hate them being highlighted like that. Is there an easy way to remove the white filler? If not, I have a Birchwood Casey Black Out pen, but I think it would look a LOT better if I could just remove what is there.

Yes, I know this is petty, but it bugs me. :p

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
It depends upon what they used to fill them.

I'd just cover it over in black crayon or a china pencil.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It may have been laser etching because acetone had no effect. I ended up just lightly going over it with the Black Out pen.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
spray paint:p

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
RRA and MI both use laser engraving. It isn't coming off.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
if you want it permanent get it refinished. but you can use a sharpie or other black marker or paint marker for a temporary solution

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you want it permanent get it refinished. but you can use a sharpie or other black marker or paint marker for a temporary solution
The Birchwood Casey pen seems to have worked fine. None of these are in high wear areas so hopefully it will be fairly close to permanent. If not, it was easy enough to do that I can do it again. It doesn't bother me enough to pay to have it refinished.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts