Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm planning to get a TLR-1 for my XD-9 service (please don't try to talk me into the X300, my mind is made up) and I'm considering getting an OWB kydex holster for those rare occasions I'll want to take the gun out for a coyote hunt, or just for some evening shooting, what have you. Generally, this pistol will be under my bed in it's vault.

So I'm looking at this website that sells owb kydex holsters specifically for my gun with the specific light I want (scoreboard! not too spendy either!) Thing is, I'm being asked a couple of odd questions. I haven't got the light yet so I've got some time to figure it out, but the options I'm being asked to specify are:
1) Rail Slot
Options are 'first slot from barrel' or 'second slot from barrel'
2) Rail Key (leave blank for best fit)

What am I being asked? Which position I fix the light to? And? I will probably figure this out once I've gotten my light, but I'd like to do some planning ahead with regards to the holster, so please excuse my impatience and/or ignorance.

The website I'm looking at is KT Holsters - Home

Follow-up question - does anyone know of any other companies or websites that sell or make the type of holster I'm looking for?

Thanks for the help guys. Even when I've asked full-retard questions on this message board in the past, I've always managed to fish at least a couple of helpful responses out from the flames! ha!

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
To me, the rail key refers to the interchangeable inserts that you put on the light so that it will fit different gun rails (XD, Glock, etc.). I have no idea why the holster maker would need to know that. In my experience they just want to know the model of gun and model of light.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts