Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read on a post someone sanded part of the trigger mechanism to make it smoother and lighter. is this easy to do personally or is it too complicated and have a possibility to mess up, resulting in ruining the gun or an area of the gun?

images, links, etc would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
You can polish all of the contact points, however that won't help with the travel and reset. If you want to improve your trigger, send it to Canyon Creek. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Old School said:
You can polish all of the contact points, however that won't help with the travel and reset. If you want to improve your trigger, send it to Canyon Creek. You won't be sorry.
Big +1 on the send it to Canyon Creek recomendation, you wouldn't be sorry. It costs some bones to do it but if its in the budget got for it. Rich had my blaster back to me in a week; I never knew the trigger could be this good. :D :D

·
Registered
885 Posts
j2fast said:
Old School said:
Big +1 on the send it to Canyon Creek recomendation, you wouldn't be sorry. It costs some bones to do it but if its in the budget got for it. Rich had my blaster back to me in a week; I never knew the trigger could be this good. :D :D
+1 more for Canyon Creek....my trigger is smooth as glass.

·
Registered
208 Posts
XD_Dan said:
j2fast said:
Old School said:
+1 more for Canyon Creek....my trigger is smooth as glass.
Uno mas +1 por Canyon Creek amigo!! You will not regret it.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
tack another vote on for sending to Rich.

Ok, now will someone pass me the koola.... errrr bullets?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was going to send in my XD40 to SA to have the 4# trigger and Bar Sto barrel fitted. Does anyone have a comment on quality of Canyon Creek verses SA for this work?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Jeff said:
I was going to send in my XD40 to SA to have the 4# trigger and Bar Sto barrel fitted. Does anyone have a comment on quality of Canyon Creek verses SA for this work?
I've only had SA refinish my slide (under warrenty), but it took a month to get back. Looking at SA's price list for custom work I would have spent $210 if I sent my XD to SA for 3# comp trigger job/over travel ($135 at CC). I believe you get better service/price/quality with Canyon Creek that you would with SA.

Read all the post above and tell me how many people give SA a +1 for XD work. Rich will do your XD right!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think we're somewhere around +6 for Canyon Creek. The difference Rich's trigger job has made in my ability to shoot my XD accurately is nothing short of amazing! :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Canyon Creek and forget about it. End of story. "Move along folks, nothing to see here."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts