Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have search for this through the forum and did not find anything, being that I am kind of new to semi-auto pistols I wanted a refresh on this just incase. I also thought that I would help out others too. This is good info.
How to Reload a Pistol and Clear Malfunctions - wikiHow

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
here is one of best videos I have found on this subject. I like Clint Smith's style.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks cdninaz, That was very informational! That is what I was looking for!

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great Video on clearing malfunctions. Clearing malfunctions one handed?

I learned them this week and i was cursing the 20lb spring I put into my xd

Great skill(s) to know.

Fredl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice video, really helpful.

Malfunctions (also, erroneously, known as "jams") are a way of life in semi-automatic handguns. Though most modern guns are relatively reliable, it is always a good idea to be prepared because malfunctions seem to happen at the most inopportune times. This article also covers reloading, which is not a malfunction, but is yet another reason why your gun may not fire when you want it to.

There are two types of reload situations. One, you've fired all your rounds, and the magazine is empty with the slide or bolt locked back. This is called an Emergency or Normal Reload. The second, is a "tactical reload", where rounds have been fired, but the weapon still has not a round or two in it. You can use this opportunity to drop your nearly empty, or empty magazine and load a new one.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Watching a video is fine and dandy but if your really that unfamiliar with semiauto's I would suggest a basic pistol class. You should be able to find one near you and most are about $45.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts