Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just buy a new XDS 4.0 . i own a XD and i never do something special to break the gun. as i read in many forum many people as a difference way and concept about that. I would like to know how you do it and WHY you do this way.
Thanks

·
Registered
921 Posts
Clean all the gunk out of it that it comes with from the factory (particularly the firing pin channel). This is mainly a preservative, not a lubricant. Fully lube the gun with your favorite substance, go shoot.

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Clean all the gunk out of it that it comes with from the factory (particularly the firing pin channel). This is mainly a preservative, not a lubricant. Fully lube the gun with your favorite substance, go shoot.
^^^
Short, concise, & good advice.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Before I shoot a new pistol I also clean and lube but I take a seat in front of the tv and work the slide and dry fire several hundred times. Just works things in good. Then break it down again, clean and re lube just the spots recommended in the manual. I also take a wooden pencil eraser end first and insert into the mag and work the springs a bunch to make sure each mag has no rough spots. I know this is anal to most of you but I've eliminated a few problems before they could show themselves while shooting. 5 new pistols in the last 18 months or so and no problems from any of them. Plus I enjoy learning how they work before I shoot them.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
ive noticed that sometimes i get dust in the striker cavity.
to resolve this issue i pull the trigger, wile blowing in the barrel..

ok, i cant keep a straight face, dont actually do that

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry guy's i didn't have a chance to born in the US and speak perfect English . i speak only French, spanish, english ,Swahili, indue, and Chinese. And You? ok i see .
have some consideration for the peoples who try . look around you and open you mind ...
Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
Before I shoot a new pistol I also clean and lube but I take a seat in front of the tv and work the slide and dry fire several hundred times. Just works things in good. Then break it down again, clean and re lube just the spots recommended in the manual. I also take a wooden pencil eraser end first and insert into the mag and work the springs a bunch to make sure each mag has no rough spots. I know this is anal to most of you but I've eliminated a few problems before they could show themselves while shooting. 5 new pistols in the last 18 months or so and no problems from any of them. Plus I enjoy learning how they work before I shoot them.

I agree a lot of dry firing with a new gun is worthwhile - that's what I do unless I first have it on a nice day with enough daylight to use the range.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Sorry guy's i didn't have a chance to born in the US and speak perfect English . i speak only French, spanish, english ,Swahili, indue, and Chinese. And You? ok i see .
have some consideration for the peoples who try . look around you and open you mind ...
Thanks
Go easy there Eugene.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Put it in a vise and crank 'er down, substitute your hammer for the gun (be sure its unloaded of course) Joking aside

I Clean off all the factory lube, and lube the gun with CLP a nice fine smooth coat don't overdo it (metal touching metal=lube) with a few exceptions, clean out the striker channel and leave it dry or dab oil on a rag and put wipe it on the spring, fire about 200 rds through it, buy more ammo and repeat...(If that doesn't work im sure a pair of JAWS will work well) to break your gun...

EDIT: Don't put your Springfield in a vise unless you want to buy a new vise

·
Registered
230 Posts

I Clean off all the factory lube, and lube the gun with CLP a nice fine smooth coat don't overdo it (metal touching metal=lube) with a few exceptions, clean out the striker channel and leave it dry or dab oil on a rag and put wipe it on the spring, fire about 200 rds through it, buy more ammo and repeat.

I wouldn't even use this much lube on the striker assembly - bone dry. Any oil will attract debris, and possibly lead to problems if it builds up. Though, if you clean it after every use, you probably won't have trouble.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi, just buy a new XDS 4.0 . i own a XD and i never do something special to break the gun. as i read in many forum many people as a difference way and concept about that. I would like to know how you do it and WHY you do this way.
Thanks
Congrats on the new purchase.
  1. Field Strip the firearm
  2. Clean factory gunk (FIRST TIME ONLY)
  3. Lube as instructed in the manual
  4. Reassemble the firearm
  5. Shoot few hundred rounds at the range, to get the 'feel' of your firearm
Repeat above process until its second nature for you to handle your firearm (this line answers your 'Why you do it this way" question.)

Done... ready for CC if you like (and have a permit for it). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
331 Posts
How do you say "Just go shoot the gun" in Swahili?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks
Easy there hoss they are just giving you a hard time. Clean the gun and put a few hundred rounds through it. If you have no issues then you are good to go. Be sure to put a good bit of whatever ammo you will actually carry in it through it as well.

Welcome to the forums.:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks
Don't take it too serious. You did a much better job with
English than I ever could with Swahili. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts