Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am about to get my xd refinished at MAC's. For the refinishing process, they will have to take off the sights and then put them back on after the process is finished. They told me that I would have to sight in the pistol myself.

How do I do that on the xd? Do I take a hammer, and start hammering the sights on the side to move them? BTW, no gunsmith around my area.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Someone else may know of a better way but as far as I know just clamp down the slide and get yourself drift punches. I believe they need to be brass so you don't damage the sights. Then just tap them as much as needed. It might take a good wack to move them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you haven't sent the gun to them yet, try taking an accurate measurement of the sight location with a micrometer. That way, you'll have a rough estimate where the sights need to be after they are reinstalled. This may be a way to get you close to the original point of impact prior to a trip to the range.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody know if MAC's Tuff Gun finishes are durable and scratch resistant?

This guy seems to know what he's doing and for 100 bucks it's not too expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts