Springfield XD Forum banner
81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I hate guns, and would NEVER own one! :twisted:

..................I'm just here because my Psychiatrist said it was unhealthy to only talk to my imaginary friends.

:lol:

:(

·
Premium Member
24,707 Posts
got my first rifle at 10 when i was running a trap line , first shotgun about 11 with money i made from trapping, been crazy on them ever since , first pistol , was about 14 i think,

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
got my first gun (FEG .380) at 21. Im still 21 and I now have 3 pistols, 3 rifles, and 1 shot gun....

·
Registered
559 Posts
i was 9. don't remember shooting a handgun but i did shoot an AR15, again at 9. not a great idea. heavy rifle. stood against a telephone pole in the southern part of West by God Virginia. First handgun experience wasn't until my mid 20s, and it was a gen 1 XD9sc. didn't like the gun at all because of the short grip. and my friend kept calling it a simpson XD9, not a springfield. Didn't buy one until I realized they had a service model that actually fit my hands :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was 8 years old when Santa brought me my first gun. A Daisy PowerLine 880. I spent the rest of the winter practicing in the basement of our house. I got really good at making targets to stop BB's and pellets fired from the thunderous .177 caliber.

My grandfather also taught me to shoot shotguns, a .22 LR Lever Action, and a .22 Short SAA Revolver when I was 8 years old. This inspired me to ask Santa for a shotgun the following year. And the year after that. And several years after that. With regret, Santa never did bring me any more guns.

So, in December of 2007, I took matters into my own hands and bought a Remington 700 SPS in .223 Remington. Now eight months later I am up to 8 firearms.

I could be an addict.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i was when i got my first bb gun--daisy powerline 770

when i was 13 i got my first shotgun--20 gauge model 37 winchester

when i was 14 i got my .22 springfield tubular repeater

26 when i got my springfield xd 45

·
Registered
777 Posts
Daisy BB gun at about age 9.
22 pump action at about age 11
Then from age 24-26 I loaded up: 7 mag, 30-06, 7x57, 22-250 (twice), 12 ga 870, 22 Rem 741-S, 357 mag, 41 mag and Ruger Single 6.
And then there was family and kids and guns mostly gone over the years.
Age 58 a 357 snubby and at 60 my XD9-SC (finally got some sense) and a Taurus Judge for a car gun.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I gave dad $225 to buy the Mossy 500 on sale at Big 5 Sporting Goods. Still have the shotty, its a good shotty.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I think I was 9 or 10. It was indoors at the YMCA in Cranston, RI. We shot 22's.

It all ended when a kid took a live round home and he and his friend tried to pull the bullet to get the gun powder using pliers. The resulting discharge caused a fragment to go into the friend's eye, blinding him. It's too bad they didn't expect that, otherwise they would have told us how rim-fire ammo works.

That kid always was a jerk!

·
Registered
118 Posts
It was 2006, Right after Hurricane Katrina I was 28. I bought a SpringField XD40. Bryan

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
I got my first BB-gun when I was 6. It was a Christmas present from my Grandfather. Drove my Mother nuts. It was like that movie where the kid wants a BB-gun, and his mom keeps telling him "you'll put your eye out". I didn't particularly want a BB-gun, but loved it after I got it.... and my Mom gave me the "you'll put your eye out" mantra at least twenty times that day.

I had several BB-guns while growing up, and used my Dad's guns to hunt, but didn't buy a gun with my own money until I was 15. Got a Winchester .22 to basically target shoot with. Many a summer afternoon was spent down by the creek shooting bottles and cans.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought my daughter her rifle this year and she is 5. I got her a pink cricket 22 and a pink rifle bag for it. She worked off most of the money to pay for it by cleaning. She enjoys shooting.

I have taken her to the range about 4-5 times with it now and she is doing really well with it. In our house it has helped with teaching her about gun safety to be able to go and see what happens when you fire a gun.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts