Springfield XD Forum banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
schmedly said:
First post ever at XD talk. First gun of any kind at age 51- a Ruger MKII. At age 52 (now) an XD-9. No rifles, shotguns, or even cannons.
Welcome to the forum.
Never too late to start. :D
The Ruger is fun isn't it? They are damn accurate too!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Both guns are a lot more accurate than my hands or eyes are. I regret starting so late, but it could be worse, could be never.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had shot my dad's guns when i was 7 or 8 but didn't get my first one until I was 12. Remington Model 70 .243 BDL. Still love that gun and use it every year to hunt. I'm 21 now.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Don said:
'Killed his runt twin brother by 4 months and never talked about it in public before now. Been called quixdraw ever since that fateful day.
don, you failed to mention he was makin a move for my malt-o-meal! :twisted:
fatman, i always kept a little malt-o-meal in my nose- as a bug-out stash 8)

·
Registered
198 Posts
My current XD-9 Service, picked up a few weeks ago is my very first gun. At 47 years old, I am proud to finally be a gun owner and can't wait to get to the range. But I've got a few more items to pick up first. Hearing and eye protection are must-haves for a range experience. This weekend might be a great time to go shoot. If I make it, you guys will be the first to know!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
BB gun at age 8,
First rifle, .22 Marlin/Glenfield Model 10 at age 10
Used my Grandfather's .410 singleshot around the same time.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Holy thread bump batman! But a good thread!

I first shot before I entered school. I got a BB gun when I was 12ish? My granny left me her .22 Hi Standard 22 revolver when she passed away (I was 16?).

Then I bought my firsts this year: Savage in a 7mm 08 in January (parents gave me the cash for Christmas), my XD45 in Feb day of the gun show (bought it at a shop though) and my Ruger Blackhawk 357 in May(?). I went a little gun crazy this year :lol:. I aint figure I'll ever turn back.

·
Registered
236 Posts
35 for me. P/U my XD9 and Benelli 2 months apart.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got my first air rifle at 6 or 7 years old.. (i'd have to call the folks and ask heheh!) daisy 880
first .22 at 10 - stevens lever action single shot
first shotgun (my 870) at 12
first centerfire rifle (rem 7600 30-06) at 14 (about a month before deer season opened)
first blackpowder at 15 (kentucky long .45)
first pistol at 31 - my xd

i was allowed to hunt small game unsupervised by the time i was 13 and was taking my younger brother hunting with me at 14. By the time we (my bro and my cousins) were in our early teens our dads would give us a brick of .22 and both of the ss stevens guns and ship us out to target shoot. We were all raised to respect guns from before school age and knew that if we screwed up it WOULD be the last time we handled a gun until we were in our 30's :p

·
Banned
8,565 Posts
14 i bought with my own money a marlin papoose (based on marlin 60) .22, and a norinco sks with a mess of stocks (wood, jungle stock fiberglass, ati folder) bi pod, sling, cleaning kit the works. dad officially did th epaper work but they were mine.

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
This is like the 4th thread tonight I have run accross that was bumped from 05, strange, but I got my first gun when I was 18, it was a .22 rifle

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
BB gun at 7, 22 Ruger pistol at 10 and Savage 30.06 at 13. Then got married... took a vacation from guns for 23 years and I'm back.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Cap gun with plastic bullets that were spring loaded and actually fired...6 or 7

BB gun...9

Pellet pistol ( my favorite pistol of all time bought with silver dollars 'cause I really needed that bad boy) 12

Shotgun....12 or 13

I bought the rest after 18

·
Registered
815 Posts
got my first shot gun when i was 9ish, got my fist deer rifle when i was 12ish! bought my first gun with my own money when i was around 14 or so. it was a henry lever action 22. probly one of the funnest guns ive owned and still own to this day! when i turned 21 (last dec.) i bought my first XD and since then (8 months) ive gone through 4 different pistols finally settling with the two i have now! (see signature)

-perch

·
Registered
6,902 Posts
BB gun at 11.

Crossman CO2 pistol at 13.

FIE Buffalo Scout .22 magnum S/A revolver at 19. (What a piece of crap!)

The rest is history......

61 - 80 of 110 Posts