Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To escape the house tonight I decided to make a run to Harbor Freight to kill some time. I arrived a few minutes after 7pm and found they were closing. My daughter (14) was disappointed, so I took her to the gun shop a few minutes away. While browsing the display cases and chatting I asked the sales guy if had seen any of the new 45 ACP XD's. His eyes lit up and he pointed to the one sitting in the case I had not yet passed by. Well the rest is history. I had to add another XD (4" black) to the stable. As expected it is the package with 2 mag’s, holster, double mag pouch, and speed loader. It may be a few days until I get her out to range but I can't wait.
The serial number is a 600xx number. The sales guy is a XD fan and can't wait to get a chance to fire one, maybe we can make a deal. It is only one they received and they just got it on Tuesday, I am surprised it lasted that long.
Thanks for listening, I just had to tell someone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Steve

I shot today at our local gun club with three friends. On the way back home we decided to stop at a local gun store. They did have a XD45ACP that was in the store two days before it sold. So you did good to snap it up. I am saveing coins and am thankful for the information on your new pistol.

-- Richard

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,
I hope to get up to the club sometime before or on Monday. I'll let you know. I really had not planed on acquiring this untill there it sat in the case at AA. I just knew it had to come home with me. The dealer letter in the case was dated 12/20, the fired cartridge is dated 12/13, this is a fresh one. I'll drop you a note when I know what the plans are.

·
Registered
124 Posts
my serial number is 600xxx and the date on my fired cartridge is also 12-13-2005. Triplets ?
cost $525

i feel that they will be cheaper than this when they are plentiful but if you have no patience like me, you pay the piper what he wants. i was damn glad to just find one. that dealer did not want to sell it to me because he said that they had no invoice for it. i did alot of talking to get him to sell it to me. i was trying to trade in a glock 23 on it and when i suggested that i just pay cash and forget about the trade, the deal was done.

when i got home with it, i found a letter inside the case from a person at springfield. the letter has specific verbage in it as follows. dated 12-20-05

" As a token of your business support, we are offering one of the first production release XD .45 ACP pistols to enter the market. You may want to add this new pistol to your private collection."

" On-going production shipments of the XD .45 pistols will begin the first week of January 2006."

the letter is a cool piece of trivia for this particular XD.....
i feel confident that the guy did not know that the letter was in the case.
i feel quite certain that he made 100% profit on this one.
good for him and great for me....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine had the same letter. When I mentioned that to the dealer that it may have been a freebie for them. He denied it. It's a big shop and he is not one of the principles so he probably would not have known one way or the other. Like you I figured I pay a bit more and end the search before it began. That shops prices on the more common XD's are only a tiny bit higher ($10-20) that the typical price around here.
Bevis: What state are you in. These other two are in PA & OH maybe it's a regional thing as to how they were shipped. I paid $517.
I put 200 rounds through it yesterday and It was flawless.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have not had the opportunity to shot mine yet but am chomping at
the bit to do so. im in KY. maybe it is a regional thing. boy was i shocked when i went to a gun store in the boone docks and found one. i drove 100 miles to look at other guns and just lucked out. but i would rather be lucky than good any day. im now searching the web for other accessories for the 45 but nobody has specific parts for it yet. im sure that some of the other XD accessories will fit it but im not sure as this is the first XD that i have owned. i have shot other XD's and love them. so i dont see why i wont love this one.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the holsters designed for the .40 will fit and most designed for the 9mm will also fit. The rail is standard. The mags are specific to the .45 ACP. My dealer smiled when I asked about extra mags. He is going to place a order but I guess it will some time.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
SteveW1958 said:
I have 4 of em. All the holsters designed for the .40 will fit and most designed for the 9mm will also fit. The rail is standard. The mags are specific to the .45 ACP. My dealer smiled when I asked about extra mags. He is going to place a order but I guess it will some time.
We certainly know the drill by now when it comes to extra mags on new offerings from Springfield. :D

Take a deep breath and bide your time. :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts