Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been done already but for us new guy's its funner than just using the search option

I already know I live in the most expensive place to buy guns California (Ten round hell)
But is it also the most expensive to shoot in
We are paying $13.50 and up per person at the few ranges we have
How much are you paying for range time
Thanks

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I go out in nature, as God intended. All it costs me is gasoline, and a little time.

I've yet to be muzzle-swept by any of the critters I shoot around.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a couple of outdoor ranges still have to pay though
the closest blm or public place to shoot outside is a couple of hours away and Even so you still don't know what kind of un-friendlies you could run into

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I just head West for about 30-45 minutes, hang a right, and go shoot. No fees, no crazies, and I try to leave the place cleaner than it was when I got there.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I shoot on post. $40 a year for te membership, $4 per session to shoot. $8 for non-members. They have an archery range, skeet and trap, and a 1km outdoor pistol/rifle range. Targets included with fee. You really can't beat that deal.

·
Registered
539 Posts
H&H in OKC. Indoor pistol range, and a separate rifle range. $7.00 per visit, or $150 per year, targets included. Guns can be rented for $7.00, provided you buy their ammo for it, at slightly inflated prices. Every Wednesday they have a couple of full auto HK MP5's that can be rented for 30 bucks each, and you have to buy 100 rounds of ammo for it. Supevision is provided for the full auto.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Outdoor range $25 a year fixing to go up to $40 in Sept.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Gun club - - - $50 annually, unlimited use during daylight hours.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
$15 per hour, and you must qualify with a range instructor by shooting 6 shots, all on the paper, at 15 foot.

·
Registered
94 Posts
$10 lifetime membership and $10 each visit.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
We travel 6 miles to the Ommelanden Hunter Education Training Center in New Castle, DE. It's State run (DNREC), part of Delaware Division of Fish & Wildlife. They have sporting clays, trap&skeet, 5-stand, archery, and a rifle/pistol range.

The rifle/pistol range is $5 per person per hour. You bring your own ammo and targets and ear/eye protection. They provide those orange foam earplugs for free if you want those. They also sell targets if you don't bring your own. The RO's are all cool and knowledgeable. It's the best deal I've found around here. I always have a great time there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well here is AZ it is too hot to shoot much in the summer so I joined Scottsdale Gun Club. Membership is $25 a month for unlimited range time. They are an indoor range with the AC set to 68 degrees. The other indoor ranges around here are Swamp Cooled so they kinda suck in summer too.

So far the membership has paid for itself because their normal non-member range fee is $15/hr.

We do have plenty of open air ranges, but the closest to me has the biggest contingency of range nazis. Plus nothing like shooting for 5 minutes at a time or having to ceasefire so some 85+ year old man can go check is two shots.

Here are some of the benefits:
One of the largest Class III dealers in Phoenix
Machine gun rentals are cheap
Price matching on Guns in stock
1 free gun rental a year
6 free guest passes a year
free machine gun rental on your birthday
Air Conditioned Ranges
Air Filtration system actually makes the range air cleaner than outside
two story Tactical Kill house (all the local SWAT teams use it)
Fats training room

So yeah, it is more than what most pay, but for me it was worth it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
NiK said:
I shoot on post. $40 a year for te membership, $4 per session to shoot. $8 for non-members. They have an archery range, skeet and trap, and a 1km outdoor pistol/rifle range. Targets included with fee. You really can't beat that deal.
SOunds like quite a deal. Where abouts (i'm a georgia newb)

Back in kalif we were paying 8 bucks for "All day" (as long as you stayed) at Metcalf range between San Jose and Morgan Hill. A round of trap, was $5. Holy COW! I just checked their site and they've JUMPPED to 12 bucks for pistol/rifle side! Trap's only gone up a buck.

Here in GA, there's an outdoor range 5 bucks for parking and like the kalif range, stay as long as you like.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts