• I carry one extra mag

• I carry two extra mags

• I carry more than two...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to my Conceal Carry brothers: How much ammo do you carry when you're "pack'n?

·
Registered
266 Posts
If I'm carrying the XD45, I have 13 in the mag and one in the tube and then carry two extra mags which gives me a total of 40 rounds. I like carrying the other two mags on the opposite side as it helps balance it out.

When clothes don't permit the XD45, I carry my Kahr CW9, I have 7 in the mag plus one in the tube and another mag with 7 for a total of 15 rounds.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
If I have my LCP I have 2 extra magazines in my pocket. If I carry my XD9sc or XD9 then I carry one extra magazine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
for my fnp-9 1 in the chamber 16 in the mag and 2 extra mag total of 49 rounds

when i use to have my full size usp 45 i use to carry 5 12 round mags and 1 mag in the gun total 72 rounds LOL

·
Registered
346 Posts
I generally just carry the one in the weapon itself...don't have anywhere to comfortably carry an extra mag, so I don't.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I voted for plus one magazine.
I carry my XD40SC with the 9 shot clip (+1) and I keep a 12 shot mag in the truck.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I always carry at least one spare mag with me. Better safe than sorry, imo, and a spare mag is pretty easy to slip in a pocket if I can't conceal it on my belt.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Always have an extra mag with me.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I almost always only carry one mag. If I feel I need more, I'm not going wherever I thought I was.

+1, if i need more than one mag, i shouldn't be there. If i am carrying my XD40sc i have one extra mag, or if it my .38 i will carry a speedloader.

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
I carry 2 extra mags, principally because there's no such thing as too much ammunition, and it's not any harder to carry and conceal a double mag pouch than it is to carry and conceal a single for me.

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
Normally just the mag in the gun, but if I'm only carrying my Keltec I'll carry a spare in my back pocket.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
I always carry at minimum 1 extra mag... sometimes I carry 2, when carrying my XD...

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
13 in the gun, +1 in the tube, plus an extra mag in my pocket, support side. Although I don't anticipate ever needing 27 rounds of GD .45's, ya never know. I've read stories of people accidentally dropping their mag in a scuffle, or dropping their gun and breaking the base plate on the magazine. Extra mag = extra firepower, but it's also an easy backup plan. In the woods I carry two extra, because 40 rds is better than 27:twisted:

·
Registered
345 Posts
guess im the only one that has more than two mags on me most of the time8)!carry a 40sc with 12 rnd clip that carries 13(no problems with the mag feeding, so i trust it:)) plus 1 in the pipe, so 14 in the weapon plus xtra 12 rnd mag on my person, usually in a pocket.most everywhere i go i take a maxpedition versipack, have a med condition so meds and such need be close, that holds 2 more 12 rnd and a 9 incase i need to go "small":mrgreen:. so %98 of the time i have 14 ready to go bang and 45 extra for a total of 59 rounds spread over 4 mags and the weapon.:mrgreen::twisted:

wife carries S&W 340 .357/.38. 5 shots and two speedloads for 15 shots. so i guess thats like 2 mags:?.

:mrgreen:BUT we both have lasergrips and night sights (and i have the X2L laser/light for the XD) so we will never miss, so really we only keep like 5 shots loaded.i mean come on bullets go thru anything(TV and movies have proven that:cool:) and anyone with a laser/light/combo almost always wins, if he even need fire in the first place since the red dot usually causes immediate disingagement by the BG.:mrgreen:

so i guess in reality i carry a bit more but nothing crazy.my wife says i over carry with mags but i tell her other than the bag i only have one and if i have to carry stuff why not some of it be loaded mags?

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Depends on what I am carrying and where I am going, but I always carry at least one reload for whatever I am packing.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I carry 2 extra mags, principally because there's no such thing as too much ammunition, and it's not any harder to carry and conceal a double mag pouch than it is to carry and conceal a single for me.
Same here.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts