Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to know , what was the most amount of rounds you have put through your XD, in one day at the range? Not the total of rounds in the life of your XD to date. But in one day at the range ? Had any problems or stoppages?

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
I spent a day with Rich of Canyon Creek, learning from a GM. I went through 700 rounds, and was a sloppy mess towards the end. After 300 rounds, your mind and body starts to work against you, from my experience.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i routinely fire anywhere from 300 to 500 rounds per session.

in the last few months, i've begun to notice that my groups are tightening, and often times im just making nasty holes. but it isn't until my last 100 rounds (on a 500rd) day that i'm able to shoot reflexively. meaning, draw, point, fire twice...never looking at the sights. at least not consciously.

for me, 200 rds is a warm up. 201-400 is where i improve the most. 401-500 is where i see the fruits of my labor really shine.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
usually take 3 pistols with and shoot 100 rounds out of each.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have shot 300-400 before. With all due respect, I disagree with Old School and therooster. Evidently that's the experience you guys have. I don't have the same. I pretty much shoot consistently throughout, tho my thumb gets sore from loading the mags (can't find my speedloader) and my trigger finder might get a little tired.

I don't mean that as a put down to either of you, this is just my experience. Everyone is different.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I tend to shoot 300 to 500 rounds per gun per range session. I usualy bring at least 2 handgun, most often 3.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
retired said:
I have shot 300-400 before. With all due respect, I disagree with Old School and therooster. Evidently that's the experience you guys have. I don't have the same. I pretty much shoot consistently throughout, tho my thumb gets sore from loading the mags (can't find my speedloader) and my trigger finder might get a little tired.

I don't mean that as a put down to either of you, this is just my experience. Everyone is different.

well.... it just depends. if your talking about just standing there and putting holes in paper then seting your gun on the bench then 400-500 rounds gets boring and wasteful.

now, if your talking about running drills and scenarios on a hot range i can do that all day and it wouldnt be a waste.

i guess it just depends on what kind of range time your getting.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I've shot 500 during a defensive firearms class a couple of times. No ftf's, fte's, abc's or xyz's.

bd's

:roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts