Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many of you carry your 3.8 hi-cap daily? I pick up a 3.8 9mm about a year ago and was thinking about making it my EDC. How comfortable is it to carry and what iwb holster would you recommend?

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
what's comfortable for some may not be comfortable at all for you. I remember talking to a fella that couldn't carry a keltec PF9 in a small of back position... the only way to know is to try it out for yourself.

that being said i wear a crossbreed

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I carry my XDsc 40 with an Alien Gear IWB about 4:30 and in a Raven Phantom OWB about 3:00. I know my gun has a shorter barrel than the XDm 3.8 but it has the same size grip both in length and width. I do notice it some times as I am carrying it. I can carry it easily but am looking at an XDs for slimmer summer time carry. Carrying a double stack pistol IWB can be done but it takes a high quality holster and a stiff gun belt to be comfortable. High quality does not have to mean high priced on holsters.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i wear a crossbreed
My XDm9c is my only handgun (other than an SR22 which doesn't count) so it is both my EDC and my nightstand gun, and it fills both roles well. I think it is very comfortable in a Crossbreed Supertuck. (Then again, I am 6'8" 230, so my biggest issue is finding shirts long enough to conceal a gun. I have plenty of body space lol)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I don't carry my xdm compact 100% of the time but when I do it's in a Galco TAC Slide Belt Holster. It's an excellent OWB holster that has decent retension and keeps my weapon feeling comfortable and secure while I'm carring.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I carry my XDm 9mm 3.8 EDC in a IWB appendix.
In a Raven holster.

·
Premium Member
128,168 Posts
CrossBreed SuperTuck

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I tried carrying one of them and found it too big and bulky, too heavy too.

It's a very individual thing and has to do with comfort level and body type, but for me it was too big. I carry an XDs in an IWB hybrid, a GP100 2.25" barrel in an IWB hybrid, and sometimes a Sig P238 in a pocket holster. I know several guys who carry Glock 19's though and never complain and they're about the same size as the 3,8XDM

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I carried my XDm 3.8c for a while in an Alien Gear holster. It was comfortable, and the holster was excellent. With a good belt and around 4:00 it was easy to conceal with a t shirt and jeans.

But I have since switched weapons for EDC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts