Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so being a proud and happy owner of a new SR1911 since 3 May, I was trolling on the web just now to see any new info or videos. Found this one. Thought I'd share here just to give you the kick that I got. As someone wrote in a comment on the video, maybe they should have filmed somebody who knows what they are doing. Some actions just made me cring in agony - lost count but some classics were:
- sprongggg - there goes the spring retainer
- does the barrel really come out the front?
- lube it all until it drips, maybe next time I'll just dunk it in a bucket because these metal guns need a lot of oil compared to polymers
- put slide on, yep it slides, oh what's this thingy? ah the guide rod, gotta pull slide to put that in
- twist, pull, twist - ah, there's a notch for the slide stop
- twist spring onto guide rod, oh it pushes on
- bushing over spring, nope that's not right, ah over barrel
- drop slide twice on empty chamber, 'cause it sounds cool

I'm no expert on 1911s, perhaps my time with Hi-Powers gave me a fair prep, but it is not that difficult to strip and assemble a 1911.

So I'm curious, how many here would buy a gun after seeing one handled like that?

Oh, btw, if you make it to end, listen for final opinion: "don't serve a tactical purpose to me ... a fun gun"

·
Registered
941 Posts
Wow.....even I did not do that badly on my first field strip.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Um....

Wow is all I can say. He definitely needs to stick to polymers and never attempt to go further than field stripping one. I've seen 5 years old with more mechanical common sense than those two put together.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hilarious comments on the video.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
OMG! :shock: What a tool!

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Wow...
That first video should have been deleted, not posted on youtube..

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow...
That first video should have been deleted, not posted on youtube..
+1.
So bad, it seems like a joke.

Love the exchange starting around 7:00.

Guy 1(in front of the camera) acts like he's a 1911 expert, then the guy behind the camera says, "Do you even own one (a 1911)?"

"No, I don't..."

·
Registered
941 Posts
Hickok45 is the best, absolutely tops.

Why do I say that?

He is not trying to impress anyone, he is just sharing the joy of shooting. But, the guy can shoot handguns like nobody's business.

I like how friendly, down to earth, decent and humble he is and how much he has to teach when he is talking about firearms.

Plus, I appreciate the fact that he doesn't feel a need to pepper his videos with profanity.

All in all, he's the man!

·
Premium Member
12,117 Posts
Wow.....after seeing videos like that last one I realize how lacking my skilz are. Great stuff.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hickok45 is the best, absolutely tops.

Why do I say that?

He is not trying to impress anyone, he is just sharing the joy of shooting. But, the guy can shoot handguns like nobody's business.

I like how friendly, down to earth, decent and humble he is and how much he has to teach when he is talking about firearms.

Plus, I appreciate the fact that he doesn't feel a need to pepper his videos with profanity.

All in all, he's the man!
He has a video comparing the XDm 45 and Glock 21. Dude can shoot his tail off.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just noticed the video I linked at first post is now removed by user. Guess he got tired of the comments on youtube. Maybe he has learned that you can redo a video before posting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts