Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many rounds before you need service or replacement parts.I have about 500 rounds through my XDM 3.8
I clean after each use.

John

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
lost count after a few thousand... no failues/breakages of any kind to this point. Many others have higher round count with similar results.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am not going to take this as the stone cold truth but a guy at my local gun shop claims to have put around 250,000 rounds through his XDM and only replaced the striker pin.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am not going to take this as the stone cold truth but a guy at my local gun shop claims to have put around 250,000 rounds through his XDM and only replaced the striker pin.
I am thinking that 250,000 is a bit of a stretch. I doubt any gun could go that far without major work. Plus figuring how long the XDm model has been out he would be shooting hundreds of rounds every day on the average.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know im reviving an old thred but now that the xd series has been out much longer i would love to see some more people add to this thred with higher numbers or update there old post with new numbers. I have an xdm 5.25 9mm competition model with exactly 10,950 rounds on it. When i bought this gun i was tired of always wondering how many rounds i had on all of my guns so i started fresh with this gun and i add to the total i have saved on my phone after every range trip. I shoot the cheapest brass cased ammo i can find and have only had a few ammo related failures other than that no failures. I have replaced the recoil spring once as maintenance and also replaced the striker retaining pin with the prp upgraded roll pin also as preventitive maint. installed a brass stacker tungsten guid rod early on and a prp trigger kit at 8700 rounds. I only clean and lube the gun every 1,000 rounds and i see no appreciable wear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Round count update im now at 21,900 and its been a great gun. I replaced the striker retaining pin with the hd version early on as preventitive maintenance and i replace the recoil spring every 5k or so also forgot my striker in some cleaning solution once water based solution and i forgot for days to a week and it got some rust pitting on it. Steel wooled the pitting off and ran it a while then eventually replaced the striker with a dawson precision one the origional never failed i just did not like that it had pitting on it. Was a 1911 die hard ammo got spendy and i was looking for a 9mm pistol with cheaper ammo and more capasity for gun games. Was going to buy a cz custom but the were back ordered 9 months at the time. I had always hated plastic guns and ragged on them but had never owned one (not fair really) so i bought my xdm 5.25 and figured i would use it till i could order the cz i wanted. Hate it and sell it. to check reliability i cleaned it of the manufacturing crap lubed it and started shooting. My 1911 i was cleaning every time i shot it but i wanted to see how the xd would preform so i shot and did not clean it 1k rounds no issues well ive been shooting and cleaning it every 1k rounds or so ever since and its been a great gun so now the hard part i was wr wr wro wrong about palstic guns or at least the xd they are great and in my experience much more reliable than my kimber 1911. I know im reviving an old thread but seemed ok since its a round count thread and rounds keep going up. Who has shot more and what have you had to replace?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Several more thousand since my initial reply back in '11... (!!??!!??) ..... and since I never kept track, no clue on actual round count, but after good, high round counts through an XDM 4.5" in .40, and an XDMC 9mm.... zero failures of any sort that weren't instructor created in a training session. Even shooting cheapest possible Aluminum case and brass case ammo, no issues. (After some issues with a Glock with steel, I just haven't run that stuff).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea id say I've used 90% blazer brass in 115gr and 124gr. Before ammo crazyness i was always getting it for $200 per 1000 delivered. So it was the cheapest brass cased but ive found it to be pretty good stuff. Little to no issues here either. Also blazer brass is plated not fmj which is nice since my club has steel targets but will only allow bare or plated lead bullets on steel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts