Springfield XD Forum banner

61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Hahahahaha

I bought a bunch of 9mm 124gr Sellier and Bellot at $167 per 1000 from True Shot Gun Club....for when I'm too lazy to reload! Hahaha

·
Registered
792 Posts
Heading to the range with 5 handguns and 500 rounds....
Should be a good your of fun!

·
Registered
662 Posts
When I had to drive to & pay a range I would generally shoot 200-250 rounds. Now that I have my own indoor range I usually shoot 50 rounds per session. Of course, now I shoot more often.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I’ve got pretty low standards.... I am willing to clean mine even if I only put 50 through it. But then again, I find cleaning weapons to be a peaceful and calming endeavor.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I go through 100 to 300 rounds on my weekly range trip depending on what I'm shooting. 9mm closer to 200, 45 around 100, etc. I don't reload so the cheapest place for 9mm, and 22's is Walmart. I find the price is usually better then buying online. Other caliber's not so true...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I’ve got pretty low standards.... I am willing to clean mine even if I only put 50 through it. But then again, I find cleaning weapons to be a peaceful and calming endeavor.
I don’t particularly dislike it, but I don’t particularly like it or find it relaxing. I always clean them after I shoot them. I still like to make it worth it.

·
Registered
29,538 Posts
Here’s my quirk...

Unless the cleaning is just a quick field strip/punch the bore/wipe everything down/lube...I won’t carry it unless I’ve put a few rounds through it first.

It’s never bothered me to carry a gun that’s got a few rounds through it since it's last cleaning, though.

I don’t mind cleaning, but it’s not my favorite thing to do.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I shoot more than normal if it's a brand new gun to make sure it's reliable, and works with different types of ammo

I put it through the wringer then settle down after it's been thoroughly tested

·
Registered
949 Posts
I do my shooting at a neighbor's that's less than two miles from my house. I've got no qualms with going out there to drop a couple of mags, but I've also run through close to 300 rounds. This is primarily 9mm, once a month or so I'll put mag or two through my P32, as well. When it goes to the range, it's cleaning time for it because it gets carried the most. PF9 and P11 are similar, they get cleaned after any range time because they get exposed to far more dirt and crap. Any of the larger framed pistols, it depends on my mood, but I try to clean them after a couple hundred rounds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I go about 2 times a month to an indoor range and shoot about 150-200 rds when I go. After that I get diminishing returns on the practice and truth be told .. at an indoor range where variety in shooting is limited .. after about 150 rds I feel like I accomplished what I wanted and enjoyed myself as much as I was going to. Anything more and I am just chucking expensive ammo down range for the hell of it.

Now if I shot more outdoors in the desert where you could set up different challenges .. That number would change.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I usually fire 50 - 100 rds per handgun , more if Im outdoors and can shoot at objects like logs, jugs, steel plates

I do tend to use up more ammo if I have access to unsupervised outdoor ranges

at the indoor ranges I use less ammo and only shoot paper targets / groups

61 - 80 of 105 Posts