Springfield XD Forum banner

Which of these XD Gear pieces do you actually use (constantly)

• Holster

• Magazine holster

• Magazine loader

• Cleaning brush

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many of you actually use the XD gear that comes with the pistols. I've owned 4 models so far, purchased in this order:

1) XD Tactical .40 (Essentials kit - pistol, plastic case, two mags, brush)
2) XD Sub-compact .40 (XD Gear kit)
3) XDm .40 4.5 (XD Gear kit)
4) XDm 9 4.5 (XD Gear kit)

I'm about to purchase a XDm .40 compact, but haven't found anyone who sells it with just the essentials.

The reason I ask is because the ONLY thing I ever use in the XD Gear kit is the mag holsters. The pistol holster doesn't have any retention, the mag loader doesn't come close to working as well as a good MagLula, and I've never used the brush as I already have cleaning tools.

I guess it's good for some, but I wonder how many actually use these pieces.

Thanks.
All the best,
Glenn

Edit - I wanted people to be able to choose all the ones they use, but the poll won't let me change that. Can a mod either fix this or tell me how to allow people to choose more than one option?

If not - choose the XD Gear piece you use the most. Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i stopped using the gun holster after i realized it wears away at the gun and was not covering it from a certain button on most of my jeans. (xdm .45)

i use the reloader all the time.

i use the magazine holster every time.

i never use the lock or brush.

the case is extremely handy.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I use the XDM.

·
Registered
18,141 Posts
I use the mag loader. the case holds a lot of my paperwork. I use the brush carefully and not in my XDm barrel. I use the lock on a rifle. I have used the holster and might continue to do so if I take my taclight off.

I wouldn't really call the holster junk. It's made in Israel not china. its not fancy but it seems like it would do the job just fine.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I use the brush...thats it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
save money get rid of the gear.holster and mag holder are useless.regular gun case & two mags is all I think we really need,what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I only use the mag. loader, and only on the tall magazines. Those last 2 can be a real ****** to get in there. On my sc..no problems without it.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
save money get rid of the gear.holster and mag holder are useless.regular gun case & two mags is all I think we really need,what are your thoughts?
Pretty close to the way I feel. That is why I started this thread. I wanted to see if people really used the stuff. I'm not knocking it. It's handy to have and a few of my shooting friends on a budget like the fact that it all comes in the case. However, once I moved to an Uplula mag loader, and purchased a CBST and Serpa holsters, the XD gear never left the box anymore. I use the mag holsters on occasion, but I'm even getting away from that.

Every potential buyer always seems to ask the same thing though - "Does it come with all the factory XD Gear?". :D

All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would rather get an extra mag, instead if the extra xd gear sstuff that i dont use.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now we're talking! I'd gladly sacrifice the holster, loader, and brush for an extra magazine!
All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
396 Posts
I actually use the holster that I got with my XDm quite frequently. Especially since I have to frequent places to arm/disarm alot. I use my supertuck as well, but most days I use the standard xdm holster for my xdm and xd compact. Its alot easier for me to take the holster and gun off at once to store in my glovebox. I used to use the mag loader when i first got the gun, but it rarely leaves the case. The mag holster I use mainly when I shoot at local events. I wish they would have given a single upright mag holster with the gun imo.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I leave the box alone and use only the gun and not just because I'm a lefty but because I keep all my guns in my safe and store boxes and forget about them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I do not use any of it, but my wife uses the lock when she gos swimming fits perfect in the locker

Do use

Bladetech holster (drop off set)
Uncle mikes double mag pouches (3)
No need for a reloader
16 springfield mags ready to go :)
Already have a xd range bag do not use case
Already have cleaning kit

1 - 20 of 76 Posts