Springfield XD Forum banner

Had work done?

• No

• No, but I need to.

• Yes and the resolved it to my satisfaction.

• Yes and the @#$%@# thing is still broken.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Eric_Oh said:
I think you have to fax them over a copy of your shipping reciept. Then they will issue you a check.

When did you send you gun out to them? Just curious to know because mine is out there with them now.
Thanks for the info.

I sent it out Friday Oct. 21st, it was delivered Monday the 24th, and I got it Nov. 2nd, early Tueday morning.

·
Registered
540 Posts
TriggerMan said:
Eric_Oh said:
I think you have to fax them over a copy of your shipping reciept. Then they will issue you a check.

When did you send you gun out to them? Just curious to know because mine is out there with them now.
Thanks for the info.

I sent it out Friday Oct. 21st, it was delivered Monday the 24th, and I got it Nov. 2nd, early Tueday morning.
****, i sent mine out to them on Oct 4 and they got it on Oct 5th. But i am also having some trijicon night sights put on by the custom shop as well. I expect to have it back by next week though. HOpefully.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey let me ask you guys who have sent yours in lately for warranty work...

Do they replace the old mags with the new 16 rnd mags?
Do they replace or add the second notch that all the newer guns come with?

I remember seeing a picture of someone who had warranty work done. They had the model without the extra notch and had the 15 round magazines. When they got it back, they got the new 16 round magazines and the new frame with the extra notch. Just wondering, since I sent mine off for work.

-John

·
Registered
10 Posts
Man it has been a long time since I logged in. Let me dust myself off.

I sent my XD40 in because it had failure to feed problems with the first few rounds in the magazine, especially reloads. The fixed it up, haven't had any problems in a year. It was right when the ban was coming off, so no new mags for me. :cry:

Only thing that could have made me happier is if they would have paid for shipping it to them. They paid to ship it back and of course the work was free. But I am a whiny bastard so I am still not happy...

·
Registered
540 Posts
shnydes said:
Man it has been a long time since I logged in. Let me dust myself off.

I sent my XD40 in because it had failure to feed problems with the first few rounds in the magazine, especially reloads. The fixed it up, haven't had any problems in a year. It was right when the ban was coming off, so no new mags for me. :cry:

Only thing that could have made me happier is if they would have paid for shipping it to them. They paid to ship it back and of course the work was free. But I am a whiny bastard so I am still not happy...
If its a repair covered under warranty... you can send them a fax of your original shipping reciept and they should send you a reimbursement check. Thats what they told me to do, and i'm waiting to get my gun back before i send them the copy.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts