Springfield XD Forum banner

Had work done?

• No

• No, but I need to.

• Yes and the resolved it to my satisfaction.

• Yes and the @#$%@# thing is still broken.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just what it says, how many of you have had to have warranty work preformed on your XD.

If you have what was the problem.

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
didn't actuallly have to have work done on it, they just sent me a replacement part. I have my XD packed up to go out for actual work at this time though.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
The first time I shot it, which was at my former dept., range it shot about 6" low. I had the rangemaster (a very good shot) try and he had the same problem. I contacted SA and they paid for shipping both ways (This was 1 1/2yrs ago, policy has evidently changed).

Turns out the rear sight was mismatched. They replaced it, tested it and shipped it back with the target included. Shoots great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Finish problems. Also the gun was shaving some of the brass off of the .357SIG round. It still does it, just not as bad as before. Never had a failure to feed though, so it must not be hurting anything too bad.

·
Registered
539 Posts
well my gun is still at SA for a warranty repair so i can't say whether their work is satisfactory. I guess i'll just have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I've been shooting for over 25 Years and have never had the need to have any warranty work done on anything I have bought. I have learned the basics of gun care and keep things well maintained. Understanding how your firearm functions is very important. I read and learn from books and magazines every chance I get. Knowing the ins and outs of any firearm is fascinating and I enjoy it very much. :)

It's good to know there is a lifetime warranty to fall back on, but so far I havn't had any need to use it. My supply of ammo drops continuously, no thanks to 2 XDs that keep going and going without a hitch. :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
trigger return spring broke, shipped it to SA on a Thursday, returned to my PD next Wednesday. I don't think USPS can send/return a letter Colorado-Illinois-Colorado in 6 days...

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
My service XD-40 was sent back to SA twice for failure to feed, failure to fire and general not working with any ammo.

They replaced it with a new one and they paid all four shipping charges, but it took 8 weeks of waiting.

My new one works perfectly after 400+ rounds so far.

Tom

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Sent my XD-9 to SA for service on a bad extractor (bought used gun with a 60% FTE rate as I found out at the range). Got good service from SA as far as the shipping and repair but when the gun came back it still had a 20% FTE rate. I was going to sell it back to the dealer where I bought it but their gunsmith said, "let me look at it, free of charge as you bought it here." He tuned the extractor and I had the gun back in two days, it has not had a problem since, 10+ K rounds fired. Why could SA not have gotten it right before shipping it back to me I do not know.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's exactly what bugs me. It's not like this gun has any terribly insidious bugs, and yet these problems persist for eternity.

On a different note, how's that USP treatin' ya?

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
ninjadroid said:
That's exactly what bugs me. It's not like this gun has any terribly insidious bugs, and yet these problems persist for eternity.

On a different note, how's that USP treatin' ya?
I am assuming that this question was for me. The USP Compact is a great little gun. Out of all the guns I have, it is the only one besides the CZ-75 that works with 100% reliability and satisfaction. I am very pleased with the HK USP Compact/P2000 system in terms of function and reliability, just wish they cost less. It was a bit pricey, $620 after tax and all, I do not think that the gun should be selling in the $$$$ market. HK does make good guns though and their finish is great too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well I just got my XD back and had my locking block replaced under warranty. I just realized I should get my shipping refunded. Should it have came with the gun or do I get it separately?

·
Registered
539 Posts
TriggerMan said:
Well I just got my XD back and had my locking block replaced under warranty. I just realized I should get my shipping refunded. Should it have came with the gun or do I get it separately?
I think you have to fax them over a copy of your shipping reciept. Then they will issue you a check.

When did you send you gun out to them? Just curious to know because mine is out there with them now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
one of the factory installed trijicon night sites had gone dim just after I got it. I called Springfield, told them what the issue was, sent them the slide and had it back with a new rear night site in about a week or so. very easy to work with! love the warranty.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts