Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. How many mags do you people like to have for your XD's? I have a .40 Service in SS, and three 12 round mags (the holster deal). HOWEVER...a local sporting goods store actually had four 12 round mags for my XD in stock for $17.89. (They also had 5-6 15 round 9mm mags as well)
This shocked me because they only had mags for maybe 5 or 6 guns hanging on the rack, including the xd's.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It really depends on the purpose of the gun.

For self defense only or for range only three should be enough. Two for carry and one more if something happens to the other two.

For range AND self defense I would say a minimum of five. Two that you keep loaded with self defense ammo, two for the range and one in case the others break.

For gaming I like to have enough mags that I can preload for all courses of fire and not have to load in between courses. Of course depending on the game this can get a little expensive.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I shoot ISPC and have five of the 15-rounders. That seems to be plenty even though I can only load 10 rounds into the mags for Production.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have 3 mags for my XD and I think that's plenty. I only carry 2. One in the gun and a spare. The 3rd is just there "in case".

I have 8 mags for my Glock 22. Not sure exactly how that happened.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
308 Posts
As many as I can afford to buy!!! Ten and counting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts