Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if the 3 coming with my XD will be enough (all are 15rd) or if I couldnt use one more.. :lol:

How many mags do you guys have? (Prompted also by a FS thread on SigForum in which a guy had 11 mags for sale along with his 226)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a total of 17 factory xd mags and will probably buy 10 or so more. I have about 26 30rd AR mags, 12 30rd AK mags and 2 75 rd drums, and only 4 20 rd M1A mags since the good ones are exp as hell. I also have 4 10rd, 1 50rd, and 4 25rd 10/22 mags. I have several other mags for other guns but only 2 or 3 for each. cant ever have enough :wink:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff_1 said:
I have a total of 17 factory xd mags and will probably buy 10 or so more.:
Wow...why the need for 17?

Old School said:
I have 20
also a ton. :shock:

Do you guys just load them all up before hitting the range..and when you are all out so is your range time?

I was thinking having 4 might be a bit much, but it seems like that would be normal/low side of things.

Thanks everyone for your posts..keep 'em coming.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Surgical said:
wow you guys are hard....I'd rather have another XD than 20 mags.. :D
I only have 3...1 16 rounder and 2 10's
$35.00 X 20 mags equals the price of a 1911. Anyone with 20 mags just screwed themselves out of a weapon with mags.

·
Registered
219 Posts
R.E.Lee said:
Jeff_1 said:
I have a total of 17 factory xd mags and will probably buy 10 or so more.:
Wow...why the need for 17?

Old School said:
I have 20
also a ton. :shock:

Do you guys just load them all up before hitting the range..and when you are all out so is your range time?
Even with all of my mags loaded before I go out and shoot I still may have to load them up agian. I usually keep them all loaded all the time and when I go on a several day or even a full day outing shooting binge you can never have enough loaded mags. Nothing worse then haveing to load mags every few minutes. I shoot in high volumes sometimes were its nothing to go through 2-3000 rds in one day with many diff guns so they are needed. :wink:

Plus there may come a day again you cant buy new hicaps anymore. I plan to double my mag inventory over the next year or so and probably keep doing so along with ammo inventory

·
Registered
219 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
Surgical said:
$35.00 X 20 mags equals the price of a 1911. Anyone with 20 mags just screwed themselves out of a weapon with mags.
anyone who pays $35 for XD mags are crazy anyway.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Uhh 4x 10 rounders, 4x Sub Compact 10 rounders, 8x Hi-Cap 9mm (mix of 15 and 16 rounders) and 2x Hi-Cap Subcompact mags. so... 20 XD mags at this point in time.

like 10 mags for the Taurus and 6 for the Kel-tec. 10 or so AK-47 mags...

Oh, and I ordered 2x 5 packs of 8 rd mags for the SA 1911 I have on order...

You can't have too many mags. You never know when you will be under siege or have to repel an entire gang...

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Jeff_1 said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
Surgical said:
Excellent point. I'd own 20 mags if I could get them for a decent price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Jeff_1 said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
Surgical said:
20 mags x $22 each is plenty for a new XD :wink:

Thats just me though, I'm not downing anyone who owns a lot of mags. I would love to have a few so I could load them all up before I go to the range....just not practical for me right now.... hell my wife thinks 3 is too many.....

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hadnt really thought about stocking up in case of another ban...I think you have just inspired me to buy 2 more :D

2 more it is...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I've only got 2-10rounders and a 12-rounder for my .40 XD.

I have 7 30-rd M16 magazines for a full combat load.

1 magazine for my wee little kel-tec. I've been meaning to get a couple more.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
5 XD9 mags
5 XD40 mags
4 XDsub9 mags
7 Sig 229 mags
4 Sig 2340 mags
9 30 round AR-15 mags
7 Browning Buckmark mags
5 1911 Mags
2 STI high caps (still buying)

·
Registered
219 Posts
R.E.Lee said:
I hadnt really thought about stocking up in case of another ban...I think you have just inspired me to buy 2 more :D

2 more it is...
get em while you can :wink: I will keep buying mags even if most people think I have way to many. Besides When I have hundreds and hundreds of grandfathered mags when the next ban is issued I could make a killing off of them. I wouldnt ever sell them though. :twisted:

·
Registered
162 Posts
3 x 12s and 3 x 10 round mags for the Service
1 x 9 and 1 x 12 round mag for the SC
3 x 10s and 5 x 12 round mags for the USP .45f

1 - 20 of 106 Posts