Springfield XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
New to the board too.... Rockford here.
XD-RO,
there arent a lot of great places around the rockford area unless you have the money and connections to join a private club, at least for pistol shooting. Pine-tree is a great club but joining can be alittle expensive and the membership is capped right now if i am not mistaken.

ledefoot529 said:
where would you guys recommend purchassing a new XD. Good prices, good service. Where did you get yours and were you happy with the service and price?
In the Chicago land area, I would have no Idea....If you feel like jumping on I-88 tollway and head west, get off at Rock Falls US RT30 exit...head west to the intersection of RT30 and RT40, turn north 1 block, and you will find Riglers firearms, he has a large selection of XD's and XD products, and very good prices...You will probably find me there drulling all over the glass cases (HA)....

Tom :wink:

thanks tom, My local shop has one. And no accesories at all. I went up to Mchenry a few days ago to check out a shoe to no avail. Sometime this week I want to get out to GAT guns in dundee, I heard the have some decent prices.

ledefoot529 said:
where would you guys recommend purchassing a new XD. Good prices, good service. Where did you get yours and were you happy with the service and price?
MegaSports in Plainfield has decent prices. If you are looking for a competition machine, contact Rich at Canyon Creek, as he builds turnkey XD Race Guns.

Best selection and overall best prices in Illinois would be at Mega Sports in Plainfield a mile off Interstate 55 on US-30. Great low prices on new, much too expensive on used. They keep a large inventory of most brands on hand, especially XDs.

http://www.gatguns.com(be aware of the sound!!)
on rt 25 just north of I90 (near elgin) has SA reps and a booth with some fun toys.
Just thought that I would spread the word. A bit late concidering that it was sat 2-26-05 and sun 2-27-05(today).

I asked them about my guide rod issue and they just told me to call and they would send out a new one! Didn't seam to want to talk about the issue at the show though...

Midwest Gun Collectors Association 309-248-7068 -Greg Crank (most likely get his wife on phone)
P.O. box 1242 Bloomington il 61702

Great club, 50$ yr, free admission to all gun shows, 3 members only outdoor ranges (long/short range) + many more extras. Ranges located in Marshall County 3/10 mi from Rt.26 and Washburn road.

Next Midwest Gun Shows

MAY 7 & 8

AUGUST 6 & 7

NOVEMBER 5 & 6

Range is ideal place for family weekend trip or to just get away. Camping & good fishing spots located a few miles down the road at Woodford County Conservation Area (free),many parks, Peoria Skeet and Trap also located within a few miles from the ranges and great restaurants/bars, in Spring Bay. All located just a few minutes from range

I'm in Springfield, but I travel all over Illinois.

I have shot WIIT up at pinetree a few times, but I had a disagreement with Dan Vestall over a t-shirt, [I paid for a match shirt, and gave $5 extra for them to ship it to me, 8 months later, after several requests, I got sent one that looks like it was used to wipe up the range floor first.]and now he refuses to let me sign up for future matches. I wish someone else would run that match, I Loved shooting it when I was allowed...

I shoot at Loami, PASA, CIPSC, & SSCC
Feel free to ask....

trap kid said:
unfortunatly im from illinoissss too. I hail from batavia 30 minutes west of chicago. I shoot at elburn and sycamore.

I also work at the gander mountain in geneva.
I was in that GM on sat night!!

u work at the "smithing counter"
I was the kid from ohio if u remeber!

Jp.

Scott,
Your link for the group shoot requires an RSVP before June 11th when the event is scheduled for April 16.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.