Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure about our IDPA stuff. I know it's not very popular though compared to IPSC. Everyone here is into IPSC pretty big. I'll ask to make sure, but I don't believe there's any organized IDPA things right now

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
SAK said:
not sure about our IDPA stuff. I know it's not very popular though compared to IPSC. Everyone here is into IPSC pretty big. I'll ask to make sure, but I don't believe there's any organized IDPA things right now
Then you should come visit us in Yorkville, and shoot at our club. That goes for you too, Z Ghost. You are just 20 minutes away.

Old School

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a shooter from Rockford and I also belong to Pine Tree Pistol Club. It's a great club with regular IPSC matches. They haven't had any IDPA in quite a while that I know of. I would like to try it out though so I may look into Howells.

·
Registered
8,970 Posts
Sidetracker said:
I'm a shooter from Rockford and I also belong to Pine Tree Pistol Club. It's a great club with regular IPSC matches. They haven't had any IDPA in quite a while that I know of. I would like to try it out though so I may look into Howells.
Howell has monthly matches, as does Oakpark Sportsmens Club in Plainfield. Both are nice and have at least 6 CoF per event.

·
Registered
27 Posts
just joined this forum today so i could be included in the roll call for illinois. am a member of pine tree pistol club since Dec. of last year and its been great. I saw in this thread that the howell shooting club is near rockford, might be visiting them someday after my fractured knee heals :( :( :( I live like 45 miles from rockford near the chicago area :evil: and there are no decent gun clubs in my area : :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Two in Batavia

Myself, and my dang neighbor who caused me to take a look at the XD-40 in the first place. At least he didn't cost me a lot of money.

:D

And don't I know that there is a shortage of pistol ranges in the suburban Chicago area. Much less those with a USPSA or IDPA club.

:cry:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Used to live in Bolingbrook, and am a Life Member of ISRA, but TEXAS is my home!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm from around those parts, Illinois, that is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chicagoan by birth........but raised in Dekalb,IL

living out in iowa right now.....not sure if i can give up having a CCW out here and moving back where I cant

1 - 20 of 46 Posts