• one or two for every room

• every one of them is ready to go

• other

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know a lot of people here have multiple firearms, how manyof those do you keep loaded in your house or on your person. I just figuredthis would be interesting b/c I know a lot of people have young ones in the house.

·
Registered
755 Posts
have wife and 2 kids(7 and 3), keep three with full mag, unchambered

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 4-year old at home so all of my guns are unloaded and locked up.... except my XD(m) 40. It's always loaded and ready to go in a gun vault on my night stand.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
3 kids, 9/5/4

XDM loaded and chambered in a one gun lock box.

P-01 loaded and chambered in the safe.

PM9 loaded and chambered in the safe or on me.

870 loaded and chambered in the safe.

The rest are unloaded.

Posted from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just me in the house at all times. Keep one loaded on me (Keltec), one I carry from room to room with me (XDmc 3.8), one with light/laser in the drawer of the night stand (XD.40), rifle by the door for varmints, and .22 with red dot sight for varmints.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Glock 22 loaded and chambered in gunvault next to bed

Duty weapon glock 22 loaded and chambered in safe.

Glock 27 loaded and chambered in safe.

Glock 23 loaded and chambered in safe.

S&W 442 loaded in safe.

The rest are unloaded in safe because they are just range guns anyways.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i've got two kids, 2 years and 6 months.

both my XD9SC and Mossberg 500 are loaded and ready to go in my safe. my boy already knows that he does not touch daddy's tools... i was rearranging my safe the other day and i didn't know he came into my room. all i heard was, 'no touch... daddy's... no touch.' i can't wait till he's older and i can take him out so he 'can touch' :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My wife and I have 4 kids, aged 11, 9, 7 and 3. We have four firearms in the house. My wife has her Walther PK380 for her concealed carry and it sits in her purse, locked and loaded and safety on. There is a Smith Sigma in .40 loaded, empty chamber. My concealed carry XD40 sc is locked and loaded and ready to go when I am carrying, otherwise it is loaded with empty chamber. Lastly, there is a Mossberg 500 20 gauge loaded with an empty chamber.

We have been very diligent about teaching our children about guns and gun safety. My oldest is just starting to get curious, so I see a trip to the range with my wife's gun, or maybe renting a .22 pistol for her.

·
Registered
786 Posts
live alone and keep 3 loaded EDC sig p220. down stairs backup xd9. and bedroom mossberg 500 18" 12Ga

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My wife and I have 4 kids, aged 11, 9, 7 and 3. We have four firearms in the house. My wife has her Walther PK380 for her concealed carry and it sits in her purse, locked and loaded and safety on. There is a Smith Sigma in .40 loaded, empty chamber. My concealed carry XD40 sc is locked and loaded and ready to go when I am carrying, otherwise it is loaded with empty chamber. Lastly, there is a Mossberg 500 20 gauge loaded with an empty chamber.

We have been very diligent about teaching our children about guns and gun safety. My oldest is just starting to get curious, so I see a trip to the range with my wife's gun, or maybe renting a .22 pistol for her.

That would be illegal in Minnesota, I'd highly recommend changing that plan - a purse is no place for a gun anyway.

Do you really find this a good idea? A loaded gun in a purse, with 4 kids? Where is the security in that? Please, please, please do something about that - it's a terrible thing waiting to happen.

Besides, if she gets mugged the first thing they will grab is her purse, then what? He's not only got a purse, but a loaded gun as well.

You also mention nothing of a safe or location of the other guns, I sure hope they are locked away and not sitting openly in a nightstand, under your pillow, some other easily accessible place for kids to get to them.

Guns need to be locked up around kids when they are not in your possession, period - your post frightens me.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
i agree with thunder, a purse is no place for a gun. a purse is the easiest target for a BG and what will your wife do then? they do make several concealed options for women so they don't have to carry in a purse. there is the flash bang holster that clips on the bra, a thigh holster or she could even carry IWB.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Every one of my HANDGUNS is loaded. My deer rifle and the .22s for the kids are unloaded. My "kids" are 19 and 22, but I will not let them store thier firearms; I'll do that for them.

All are secured in a steel gun locker when not in my hands or on my body.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I also live alone so I keep all my firearms fully loaded and ready to go.. I rotate which ones I bring to the range which allows the occational emptying and reloading....

I open carry every day, my XD-40 fully loaded, and that includes whenever I am home and around the house and yard...when I am sleeping she is on my nightstand within reach as well as the "Mossberg 500 Persuader Tactical 12 Ga." w/ Mag. Light attached not to far away either...

I also totally agree that a purse is no place for C.C. for reasons already listed, but apparently not all feel that way....

Concealed Carry Purses, Gun Purses For Women

WOW......

Outdoorsman

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not many options to this poll. But i keep 3 loaded. my XD and P3AT in nightstand, and 12ga in closet. keep p3at loaded so when I grab my XD and i chuck it in my pocket and have a back up

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
An unloaded gun is a rock. I've got no rocks in my house.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I had to go look and see what's loaded. CC; locked and loaded. XD9sc; locked and loaded AR; loaded but not chambered. 12 ga pump; locked and loaded. All but the CC are in the safe and the CC is on me or within reach at all times. No one in the house but me and have to remember to put the CC away when the grandkids are here.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts