Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious how many people carry a back-up gun or more than one bug gun or does anyone "dual carry" as in more than one primary gun at your side or wherever you choose to carry...So how may guns do you carry and what are they?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I was just curious how many people carry a back-up gun or more than one bug gun or does anyone "dual carry" as in more than one primary gun at your side or wherever you choose to carry...So how may guns do you carry and what are they?

I agree with your signature about Obama . And on the original subject , I carry just one firearm .

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry ll in an IWB holster with 2 spare mags. For my BUG I carry a Taurus 605 .357 in a Mika's pocket holster with 2 spare speed loaders. As soon as I get my XD 40 service broke in I will alternate it with the Kimber.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I only carry one gun, either my xd40 service or my s&w m&p9 compact. BUT if I had a pistol that could work well as a BUG I would carry if I felt the need. I think a kahr cw9 (or something similar) would fit that role quite nicely, IMHO. As it is right now, I only have those two as good carry guns, hopefully that will change soon enough :)

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
my favorite is the PA-63 on the hip and the Terrier in my boot....but any combination of the following...

On the hip, its either:
XD9 service
TT33
CZ-52
CZ-82
Astra 400 (9mm Largo)
Astra 600 (9x19)
Polish 'Vanad'
Russian Makarov (12 shot)
Makarov Long slide
German, Bulgarian, Chinese, Makarov
PA-63
Sauer 38H (rarely)
Feg PJK9
Arcus
P-38 (very rarely)
Nagant (very rarely)

In the boot:
PA-63
Sauer 38H
Mauser HSc (rarely)
Walther PP Super (9x18 Police/Ultra)
FEG APK
FEG SMC
P-64
Mauser 1910-34 (very rarely)
CZ50
CZ70
S&W Mod. 32 'Terrier' in 38spl

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
One weapon and it is usually a Kahr PM9 in either a Desantis pocket holster or in a high ride pancake holster. I also have a Supertuck for it, but need to drop those winter pounds before I use that again....:oops:

On occasion, I will carry the wifes Bersa 380 or even my XD45....

Woof
Bowser

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I do not carry a BUG. A Ruger LCP is on the list in the not too too distant future (hopefully by next June when it's gettin warm). Once I have that I'll probably put it in the pocket all the time. If clothing permits I'll carry something bigger, while keeping the LCP in the front pocket.

·
Super Moderator
3,140 Posts
One carry all the time, for me it's either the XD40sc or the DW cbob 1911, and depending on the area I'm traveling to I might carry a backup if so it's usually the Bersa .380

·
Registered
206 Posts
Glock 19 w/ me all the time. If clothing permits I may throw the SP101 in the pocket w/ Desantis Nemesis. I will usually just carry an extra mag though, but sometimes, depending on the company, the Ruger tags along.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
No guns. I don't carry any guns or own any guns. None.

If I did carry guns the primary duty gun would be an XD .45 and the back up a S&W 642.

But I don't carry anything.

Guns are bad.

I need to go oil my garden.

Chapie+

·
Registered
809 Posts
my carry weapon is a FNP-9 9mm two spare mags maybe in a few weeks i will get some thing smaller to carry as a back up gun but i am not sure yet if i am going to do it or not :sad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As soon as I get my lifetime concealed carry permit I will be carrying an XD45 service and im looking at getting a ruger lcp for a bug gun or possibly a kel tec PF9 but i still need to do a little research and see if its a good gun

1 - 13 of 13 Posts