Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its seems like most treads I read that people carry the subs. Im not much of a sub guy. I got a p9 covert for my small gun and maybe a sw 629 in the near future for the pocket (waiting to try one in my pocket before I buy). I usually like the 3 -1/2 - 4" medium sized grips for carry like my champion 1911. I shot the XD service a couple of times and really liked it over the Glock but not that I am a permit holder, I wonder if it would be a little thick or too big of a grip for carry. How many out there carry a service model? Any info would be great.

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
Being a little thicker then normal around the middle helps me carry a service xd at the 4oclock using a clipdraw as a holster. No problems for me.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I carry my service model XD40 regularly. Most of the time it is concealed in a cheapo Fobus paddle or in a fanny pack. Someday I'll get a Comp-tac CTAC holster for it. A lot of the time I'll hike with the XD in the open.

I find it quite concealable in cooler weather as described above. If I'm not carrying my XD, I'll be carrying my Sig P229 which is the same size but a bit heavier. I use a CTAC holster and find it very concealable as long as I have a cover garment. At times I'll even tuck in my shirt and have no issues, so I think the XD service model would be fine for most concealed situations.

Even my wife and kids frequently are surprised to find out I've been carrying someplace when we get home and I take off my gun. The size of the service model is not an issue in terms of concealability. A smaller gun is a bit easier to carry comfortably, but IMO the difference is negligible and irrelevant unless you are faced with absolute concealment such as being an undercover police officer. In those cases you have to resort to extreme measures and even the subcompact probably isn't small enough.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
after carrying for a while, i finally found a comfortable way to carry my service model with the Uncle Mikes Sidkick Pro IWB holster. Its a bit of a cheapy holster, but its very comfortable to carry and doesn't show on my VERY skinny frame.

·
Registered
725 Posts
ewww ewww ewww
me me me me
::WAVES ARM::::

40 service in a FIST 17A IWB with corbon depleted uranium, exploding cranium rounds

i like the service so people can see it better when i need to flash my gun to get better service at stores

·
Registered
31 Posts
I carry my XD9 Service in IWB Holster every day, with either corbon or triton ammo.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
i carry the 45GAP service in Desantis Pro Stealth with ease! my body is really small build im tall and skinny but i can hide it with no problems at all. im waiting on a IWB High noon holster the Desantis is a nice holster it just moves around way to much for me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I carry a 40 service in predominately in a G-Code IWB holster...though that will change when I get my holster from HBE! :lol: :lol:

No problems concealing under most shirts and t-shirts though I am not a skinny little guy!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
xd-9 service in fist #20 *IWB holster here.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am 5'8" and 175lbs and carry an XD40 service in a C-TAC. I love the holster, ole lady can't tell unless I tell her or she bumps into it. A good belt helps too, it should keep it in position so you don't give yourself away by constantly adjusting and pulling your pants or shorts up alot.

I wear the C-TAC canted forward as far as it will go at 4:30. It's so comfortable I have forgotten it was there and laid down on the couch to watch tv and have fallen asleep with it on, if that tells you anything. Every other holster I have tried annoyed me just enough I knew it was there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
WELCOME!!!

I carry the servce daily in a Desanti IWB and it is comfortable. I also think the 629 is a good choice for the pocket.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
I carry a 45gap service in a High noon holsters topless.
But where is your shirt? If its around your head, I cringe.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I carry my service 9 at about 3 oclock with a comp-tac guhrka holster with a comfortable shirt NO ONE knows its there....

·
Registered
454 Posts
I carry my XD40 service in a bianchi accumold, and when in uniform for honor guard I carry the XDSC9 in a graham topless model.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I carry my 9mm Service in either...

My bladetech IWB kydex holster.

My bladetech OWB kydex holster (when I wear a jacket or choose to carry open, also around the house).

Or my IWB leather holster, I forget who makes it.

Other than that I carry in my truck door, or I put my S&W in my pocket.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts