Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I submitted my Pistol Permit Application to my local CT PD on May 10th. I called yesterday to check the status. I was told that they're STILL WAITING to get back the results from my fingerprints! It's been FIVE WEEKS! Anyone else in Connecticut experience this long a wait?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
DPS conducted the checks and cashed my check on June 7th. Just called Waterbury PD. No bogus "waiting for fingerprints" line this time: I was simply told that I have to "wait to receive the letter". As of right now (8 weeks), I know that none of my references have been contacted and my employment hasn't been verified. hmmmm....:confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Up to 90 days. Here in NC they run State and FBI.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
3-4 months for the entire process in Louisiana.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Depending on which county you're in it can take anywhere from a week to 90 days in Georgia.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I got mine in 4 days and in AZ you don't even need one anymore

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
crainer1207 said:
I got mine in 4 days and in AZ you don't even need one anymore
Wow. I need to move to ARIZONA!

·
Registered
9,745 Posts
SD - less than a week for the temporary permit, the laminated one arrives in a couple weeks.

No prints, no photos, no required training, no long wait, no big fees!

Sorry, just gotta gloat a bit. OK, so no permitless carry like AK, AZ, VT and WY, but darn close.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sdprof said:
SD - less than a week for the temporary permit, the laminated one arrives in a couple weeks.

No prints, no photos, no required training, no long wait, no big fees!

Sorry, just gotta gloat a bit. OK, so no permitless carry like AK, AZ, VT and WY, but darn close.
NICE!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the same issue in Waterbury, CT. I put in my application on May 5th and called after 8 weeks..and got the same response...still waiting on fingerprints, also none of my references have been contacted so far either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Took 45-50 days here in Broomfield County, Colorado. Most of the wait was for the FBI check. They had me in and done 3 days after the checks got returned. From what local instructors have told me, the FBI is taking longer right now than they used to.

Like the NCIC, more unique first AND last names, fewer previous addresses, fewer inter-state moves in recent history speed the process up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
They told me it would take 80 days here in adams county Colorado, so I'm still waiting
How long have you been waiting? There seems to be a large discrepancy between counties. I think it depends on how quick they do their end. Broomfield had my prints to CBI and FBI same day I submitted them. A buddy did his in Boulder, and they hadn't even collected prints in 6 weeks, and then waited another 2 to submit them. I'm betting he gets the 90 day maximum override before they come back.

I ask because I moved from Broomfield to Adams three months ago. When I next renew, I can renew in Broomfield, since I already have a permit there... or go to Adams since I live there now. Of course it's kind of moot, since I can submit 180 days before it expires, and they have a 90 day limit. But I'd like to be efficient.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How long have you been waiting? There seems to be a large discrepancy between counties. I think it depends on how quick they do their end. Broomfield had my prints to CBI and FBI same day I submitted them. A buddy did his in Boulder, and they hadn't even collected prints in 6 weeks, and then waited another 2 to submit them. I'm betting he gets the 90 day maximum override before they come back.

I ask because I moved from Broomfield to Adams three months ago. When I next renew, I can renew in Broomfield, since I already have a permit there... or go to Adams since I live there now. Of course it's kind of moot, since I can submit 180 days before it expires, and they have a 90 day limit. But I'd like to be efficient.
I turned in my paperwork and got my finger prints taken on May 13

·
Registered
403 Posts
For Washington residents the issuing authority has to issue the CPL within 30 days. If nothing comes up or the background check isn't done by then, the CPL must be issued.

When I applied in King County, it took the 30 days, but I've heard it taking less in other places.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It depends here in Florida on how you submit it. If you submit your permit request electronically from one of the local BATFE regional offices it will arrive between 1 to 2 weeks. There is no extra expense to submit it electronically. You have have to call and make an appointment.

If you submit your request via mail, then it could take about 90 days.

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts