Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my XDM 9mm this past weekend and haven't had a chance to get to the range yet. What is the longest you've waited after purchasing before you were able to shoot it?

-Hanz

·
Registered
316 Posts
Got mine last Friday and could only hold out until Sunday afternoon. :rolleyes:

But this is my first handgun, so I had to take it for a spin right away.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 weeks now (since purchase). I couldn't take it home for 10days (WA law since I was still waiting on my CPL), but the store I purchased it at also has a range...:)
I couldn't leave the store with it...but I was on the range within 5 minutes of paying for it! Been back 4 times in 3 weeks.
This could get to be an expensive habit!:cool:

·
Registered
53,646 Posts
Bass Pro has a range
So when I got mine I went right over to the range the same day I bought it
Also got free hour on the range with purchase

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Ive had a gun for a month or more that I still have not shot yet.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i got you all beat so far... bought my XD-m in mid november...still haven't put a round in it...still holding out for a 10 round mag... i love you jersey... thanks for keeping me safe from hi-cap mags!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought my XDm 9mm (and took it home) on Dec. 3rd, but wasn't able to get to a range until this past Saturday. Talk about torture!! Stupid holiday schedules and family and whatnot...

Once I get my XD45c I won't be waiting so long to take them BOTH to the range!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Bass Pro has a range
So when I got mine I went right over to the range the same day I bought it
Also got free hour on the range with purchase
Do all Bass Pro Shops have ranges?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got you all beat so far... bought my XD-m in mid november...still haven't put a round in it...still holding out for a 10 round mag... i love you jersey... thanks for keeping me safe from hi-cap mags!
LOL! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
My gun shop also has an indoor range and the owner will give at least an hour of range time with each purchase. So, the longest that I have had to wait is the time it takes to fill out the paperwork.

G

·
I think the longest I have waited is 10 minutes. :mrgreen: The local gun store has an indoor range. but of course I have shot a few of my guns before I ever owned them. Bought my 8mm mauser from my dad couple months ago and it was the gun I shot my first deer with.

Oh and this is also my 100th post :mrgreen:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I got my XDm on Christmas and I worked the 26th until 5pm so it was about 6pm fighting Baton Rouge traffic to make it to the range. Soooo about 36 hours give or take...

·
Registered
68 Posts
3 weeks. Goin' ta da range on Friday with friends to break it in.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
well it doesnt really count since i couldnt legall shoot it. but my cmmg SBR i had the upper stored at a friends house for 3 months till i got my stamp.

but besides my NFA guns the longest i waited was about 3 days

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got a commander sized SA GI model in september of 04. Its still in the safe unfired. Other than that one I usually dont wait very long.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts