Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to your forum and also to the XD pistol line. Just wondering how long Springfield has been importing them and is the XD built to SA's specs, or is it basically an HS2000 with Springfield Armory stamped on it? Just trying to get some basic information before I spend my wife's money on an XD.

Thanks

-Nice forum by the way...

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
I've heard that the design of the current version XD was a joint-development effort. The idea was to create a pistol for the benefit of a global market, including LE and military.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. on this, it will help in my purchase choice. Don't know if this is the right place for my next question, but I'll give it a shot (no pun here) anyway. Is the Glock vs XD more of an apples vs oranges thing than which one is better? I mean, as a novice to autoloader handguns, it seems both can be as different as they are alike: grip, trigger pull, balance, etc...I'm sure this very topic has been beat to death on many forums, but I'm just curious why it's a debate. Do people buy a Glock just because it's a Glock? Not Glock bashing here either, just questioning...

Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
DMTWI said:
Do people buy a Glock just because it's a Glock?
I'm confident that a number of people do - certainly the name recognition is greater for a Glock than a XD. I don't really see it as anything more than a personal preference, similar to someone buying a F150 versus a Silverado versus a Ram. Slightly different features, different manufacturers with different reputations (to different people), slightly different pricing - but at the end of the day they all basically do the same thing.

The only two things that you can do with a Glock that you can't with a XD is shoot IDPA SSP (assuming the ROs and MD are paying attention) and shoot in a GSSF match.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you're right about the name recognition for Glock JD, they have built up quite a reputation. Time will tell if the XD's can do the same, seems like they are off to a good start. Anyway, thanks for your reply to my post. I'll have to stop by the range Sunday and do some testing with the rentals. I know they have a Glock or two, hopefully an XD also...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts