Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Op?

1 x Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron M16 BCG (223/5.56)
1 x ST Enhanced Lower Parts Kit
1 x Tactical Pivoting QR Vertical Foregrip with Integrated Adjustable Bipod - Gen 2
3+2 x MAGPUL 30 Round Standard Polymer Magazine With Window
1 x MAGPUL Milspec CTR Stock Kit - Black
1 x Noveske N4 5.56 Light Recce Basic Light Recce Upper
1 x MAGPUL MOE Polymer Rail Section L3 (3.25 inch) - Black
1 x MAGPUL MOE Midlength Handguards - Black
1 x Noveske Stripped 5.56MM Lower Receiver
1 x Viking Tactics Padded Sling (VTAC) MK2 - Black
1 x RRA Domintor2 EoTech mount
1 x EoTech 512

Holding off on a light until I find a good price.

Total price $2,200.00 with s/h, build and FFL. I should have it in my hands between 9/16/11 and 9/23/11. I don't think I could be happier !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
sounds like total crap to me. Send it my way and I'll dispose of it for you ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
That looks like a pretty sweet setup - I'm a huge fan of Noveske barrels, and I think the CTR is probably my favorite stock in most cases as well.

Have you considered looking at one of the Noveske stainless barrels? For shorter lengths, I like the N4 light barrels since they are lighter and hold up extremely well to hard use. Once I go past 16", I'm typically looking more for accuracy - and the SS barrels really deliver in that dept.

Of course, you could always just swap the barrel out later too. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,195 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Sounds like total crap". That's COLD man! It's my first AR. Ten try's at this on paper, I'm so happy I've got a stiffy. I've been talking with some gun shop owners & range masters around here and thy are begging me to let them have some trigger time with her!

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
"Sounds like total crap". That's COLD man! It's my first AR. Ten try's at this on paper, I'm so happy I've got a stiffy. I've been talking with some gun shop owners & range masters around here and thy are begging me to let them have some trigger time with her!
He was joking around.

The point of his post was that since it was "crap" he would gladly take it off your hands for free. :D

Please get us some pictures when possible.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. It hasn't been shipped yet. I should be picking her up from the gun shop at the end of next week. If I can findout how to post pic's here I'll be happy to do so:) cross your fingers for me and we will all happy little campers.

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
LOL. It hasn't been shipped yet. I should be picking her up from the gun shop at the end of next week. If I can findout how to post pic's here I'll be happy to do so:) cross your fingers for me and we will all happy little campers.
If you can't figure out how to post pictures, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to walk you through it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everyone say thank you to KNO3 for showing me how to post pic's. If y'all want me to I'll make a wall of parts. Ya or na?

·
Premium Member
127,706 Posts
Everyone say thank you to KNO3 for showing me how to post pic's. If y'all want me to I'll make a wall of parts. Ya or na?

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass. ;)

·
Premium Member
20,508 Posts
No problem with the help. Everyone was a forum newbie at some point.
I personally don't care about a wall of parts. I'd prefer to see the whole thing assembled.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Obviously, just my opinion, but skip the Spike's Tactical Nickel Boron M16 BCG (223/5.56), and get a BCM or Daniels Defense BCG.

Skip the Tactical Pivoting QR Vertical Foregrip with Integrated Adjustable Bipod. Seems kinda gimmicky to me.

Skip the RRA Domintor2 EoTech mount. EOTechs come ready to mount, and if I am buying a new EOTech, I would go with a variant of the new XPS line, not the 7 year old EoTech 512.

EOTech XPS 2-0 with standard EOTech mount and GG&G lense covers.

Other than that, seems like good stuff.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I considered BCM & DD buy I'd prefer Niboron.

I've shot slick, AFG and vert grip. I prefer vert and I enjoy long-range prone shooting. A bipod is a good thing to have when your going out to 2,3,4,500yards glass & iron's hella fun.

Plus the RRA Domintor2 EoTech mount has an A2 rear sight and gives me lower 1/3 co-witness for my EoTech 512 "$310" and AA bat's are a good thing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I considered BCM & DD buy I'd prefer Niboron.

I've shot slick, AFG and vert grip. I prefer vert and I enjoy long-range prone shooting. A bipod is a good thing to have when your going out to 2,3,4,500yards glass & iron's hella fun.

Plus the RRA Domintor2 EoTech mount has an A2 rear sight and gives me lower 1/3 co-witness for my EoTech 512 "$310" and AA bat's are a good thing.

Nice setup!! Make sure you invest in Lithium AA !!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a great build...:) Pics...?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts