Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recorded myself practicing the other night, and thought what the hell, I will upload them so people can take a look.

I am still practicing and improving, but feedback/critque is welcomed.

Hopefully this doesn't result in a massive flaming session.

Note to mods: not sure if this is the right place for this thread so feel free to relocate it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Clean your room

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice. I need to work on that. Although, my wife thinks I'm weird when I do. Are you using snap caps?

I can't figure out how this was filmed? Something driving me crazy about it. Was the camera looking into a mirror? Looks like brass ejecting out the wrong side and the wrong sided charging handle

-Tim

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If you are seriously looking for feedback, take a look at this video and then yours.

The way you grab the magazine doesn't work well, because of the technique, not the effort you appear to be putting into it. The multiple slide racking techniques isn't helping you either. The racking with your hand over the ejection port can be flat out dangerous. If you have never seen a round detonate with a hand over the ejection port, you might want to think about the results of something like that happening. I have seen it, and it isn't pretty.

Maybe you had a few espresso shots before filming, but you seem REALLY tense.

Think technique first and speed will follow with desire, but poor technique with desire just leads to chaos.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Nice. I need to work on that. Although, my wife thinks I'm weird when I do. Are you using snap caps?

I can't figure out how this was filmed? Something driving me crazy about it. Was the camera looking into a mirror? Looks like brass ejecting out the wrong side and the wrong sided charging handle

-Tim
Twister, are you a lefty? Also, do you practice any mag retention for tactical reloads vs spd reloads?

I practice with my pistol. I practice with my rifle. Oddly, I've never practiced both together. :confused: Thanks for the idea :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
Try doing what we do

Mainly, note the "slap" on the side of the receiver. You're gonna slow down alot when your thumb can't find the bolt release under stress.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'll answer the title of the thread:
A few seconds, probably 4-7 on rifle, maybe 3-5 on pistol.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I imagine myself hiding behind cover. I would never hang in the open to reload if I could help it. If they are goign to hit me, they will have to work hard at it.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I reloaded some 55gr .243s that clocked over 4000 f.p.s. That's fast enough for me! :cool:

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
I do reload but I don't have a chronograph. I invited my LEO buddy to the range but he won't stand down range with his radar gun to clock them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

-Tim

My Laptop Webcam films as mirror image. Annoying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts