Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I apologize up front if this has been asked before but I have looked on here and a few different sites regarding trigger upgrades, and have not found an answer.

My question is for those of you in the know. If I want to send in my slide to get a new sights installed, how far down do you actually need to break it down. Just the slide off the frame? Or do the internals of said slide need to be removed as well?

Also for trigger job, how far down does everything need to be broke down before being able to send in(as i am assuming you need frame AND slide sent in if you want a trigger job done at say springer/springfield custom/xd-hs).

I guess i have been searching and i am not sure as to what all is needed to do said jobs, and also, how far down things need to be broken down before being sent to either place for trigger or sights.

thanks for your info,
And sorry if none of this seems to make sense, I can try to make it flow better if no-one seems to know what I am trying to ask.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For sights, just send the slide without the barrel and recoil spring.
Ok, so i take it its just everything that is loose within the slide after taken off the frame is what is OK to be sent int, without doing a FULL dissasemble of every part within the frame. just recoil spring/barrel and good to go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so i take it its just everything that is loose within the slide after taken off the frame is what is OK to be sent int, without doing a FULL dissasemble of every part within the frame. just recoil spring/barrel and good to go?
Correct. Just take the barrel and spring out and ship. The slide of your pistol is not considered the "firearm" and therefore can be sent via USPS.

If you need to send your lower in for a trigger job, I believe that you can only ship UPS overnight and have to state to UPS that it is a firearm when you ship it.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
When sending for the trigger job, it MIGHT be less expensive to have an FFL send it, rather than bending over for UPS. It's worth checking anyway.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I sent my XD to canyon creek a couple weeks ago. It was $70 to send the whole gun via FedEx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts